+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electoral pacts

Re: Electoral pacts

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And what will the better alternative be ?
    Whisper it gently ....JC of course! You know you wanna say it!

Yeah, if you can't decide, trust the judgement of the mad stalker bloke !

Lib Dems stood down for Dominic Grieve in Beaconsfield - with some Labour supporters campaigning for him too!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...l-beaconsfield

Very conservative constituency and the man is a traitor so let's hope gets hammered .

In fact the conservative candidate , Joy Morrisey, is Jewish , so no surprise that labour are campaigning against her.

"a traitor"

How sad that this is where we are now. Someone has a different view so they're a traitor, because my viewpoint is the only that's allowed. If you think something different, you're my enemy and my country's enemy.

Still, it's easy just to parrot things you read without thinking what they mean so you can join in the chat.

In the first place, if he represents a political party and votes against them he's a traitor.
    More importantly, it's not a question of disagreeing. Anyone who wants to overide a democratic vote by the British people is a traitor as far as I'm concerned , particularly on the day when we remember those who've fallen defending our democracy.

So Ronnie hopes that Johnson also gets hammered in his constituency for being a traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So Ronnie hopes that Johnson also gets hammered in his constituency for being a traitor.
    Don't tell me he fell into the, pretty obvious, trap of saying anyone who goes against a party line is a traitor did he?

You know what I said

Brexit - Tory electoral pact announced - despite claims last week that this would never happen.

Farage says Brexit party will not fight Tories in 317 seats, in significant boost to Johnson's election chances.

Farage says he weighed up Johnson’s promises against the threat that the Brexit party standing could let the Lib Dems in.

Farage says the Brexit party will not stand against the Tories in the 317 seats they won in 2017.

But it will concentrate its efforts on seats held by the Labour party.

And it will also challenge other remainer parties.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    You know what I said
    You said Dominic Grieve is a traitor for voting against his party and deserves to get hammered. So that must apply to Johnson too.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Brexit - Tory electoral pact announced - despite claims last week that this would never happen.

Farage says Brexit party will not fight Tories in 317 seats, in significant boost to Johnson's election chances.

Farage says he weighed up Johnson’s promises against the threat that the Brexit party standing could let the Lib Dems in.

Farage says the Brexit party will not stand against the Tories in the 317 seats they won in 2017.

But it will concentrate its efforts on seats held by the Labour party.

And it will also challenge other remainer parties.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live
    Farage is starting to realise he's a bit part player in this election.

So, I suppose what it boils down to now is whether Brexit Party voters in the North East, the North West, the Midlands and South Wales will be happy with the revelation that they will be, effectively, voting Conservative?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, I suppose what it boils down to now is whether Brexit Party voters in the North East, the North West, the Midlands and South Wales will be happy with the revelation that they will be, effectively, voting Conservative?
    I'm not convinced that Farage has finished chickening out yet. As many of the commentaries on this decision today say the Brexit Party is sliding in the polls, may not be bankrolled as much as in previous GEs and Farage has decided he won't personally stand - leading from the back!

As it goes though, Brexit supporters in Tory seats will have to decide whether to back the Tories or abstain - I don't suppose there are many Brexit supporters in Tory seats who would vote for a party other than the Tories?

In the non-Tory seats where Brexit (for now) are planning to stand, the interesting question will be whether they continue to support and vote for Brexit, or switch to the Tories as the new Brexit Party (boosting chances of seats switching from Labour to Tory) or they read the manifestos and decide that backing a bunch of posh, incompetent, racist wreckers is a bad idea, and return to Labour.

@jeremycorbyn

One week ago Donald Trump told Nigel Farage to make a pact with Boris Johnson.

Today, Trump got his wish.

This Trump alliance is Thatcherism on steroids and could send £500 million a week from our NHS to big drugs companies. It must be stopped.

1:49 PM - Nov 11, 2019

Some Brexit Party candidates (until today) in Tory seats not happy with Nigel Farage:

Wayne Bayley, who until lunchtime was the Brexit party candidate in Crawley, a Conservative-held seat, isn’t very happy about the decision taken by his leader.

Wayne BayIey
    @Wayne_BayIey
    **** your election strategy and **** Boris. #BrexitParty

Wayne BayIey
    @Wayne_BayIey
    Very disappointed to see Nigel bottle it and back the EU treaty agreed by Boris.

We will now not see Brexit because of Conservative back room deals.

Brexit Party home page was still carrying 10 point denunciation of Tories and Johnson's Brexit Plan up until mid afternoon - clearly not in the loop for Farage's capitulation and u turn. Embarrassing.

The WEP backing Labour in Canterbury, and Lib Dem candidates defying the Yellow Tory leadership.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lopment-global

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

A lot of labour voters will actually be voting conservative. It's a special circumstance where only tribal voters will support labour, and anyone of conscience will vote against them to stop anti semitism and reinforce the right of the public to have their votes acted upon.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Very conservative constituency and the man is a traitor so let's hope gets hammered .
    "The trouble with Percy," a Conservative Chief Whip once said, "is that he likes foreigners a damn sight better than he likes his own people." That's a good definition of a traitor. Percy Grieve MP was Dominic Grieve's father. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

All I have gleamed from Labour folk around me , they aint voting Tory or Labour and will probaly abstain, so one has to work out who will that will effect .

I do wonder if the turnout will be very low .