+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEIL WARNOCK‘S REIGN IS OVER.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK‘S REIGN IS OVER.

I'm just wondering if there was any truth in the Murphy storming off rumour - with Reid that would be about £18 million of players who didn't fancy playing under Warnock..

Surprised he has gone but it's the right decision and fair play to Neil for that. For me the next manager HAS TO BE CRAIG BELLAMY.

Re: Warnock gone

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Had a feeling that the Swansea and BC games would pivotal and to lose them both has just tipped the balance.

It's true that things have not gone well regarding the NW signings, the way we've been playing and the seeming bad attitude of a few individuals but I genuinely believed that Neil would sorted this out.

I just hope that the top boys have a plan because if the decision was driven Warnock, we could end up with a stop gap manager à la Slade just to save us from the drop which will not be easy.

Genuinely saddened by this news.
    My thoughts exactly .

Loved the ride Neil , brought our pride back , brought the fans back to the club , some great wins , nearly stayed up against the odds ,dealt with moral over Sala , was so passionate about us ,let teh referees know lol .

So glad he came, loved that promotion year .

Lover or hate him the man is now a cemented city legend ,lets fund a statue

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Surprised he has gone but it's the right decision and fair play to Neil for that. For me the next manager HAS TO BE CRAIG BELLAMY.
    Actually respect the decision he’s made to go, he recognises a change was needed and he has acted in the best interest of the club, so fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    lets fund a statue
    don't be ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My thoughts exactly .

Loved the ride Neil , brought our pride back , brought the fans back to the club , some great wins , nearly stayed up against the odds ,dealt with moral over Sala , was so passionate about us ,let teh referees know lol .

So glad he came, loved that promotion year .

Lover or hate him the man is now a cemented city legend ,lets fund a statue
    My favourite City manager ever, since 1961, so in some ways very sad.

But I feel the time had come.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Actually respect the decision he’s made to go, he recognises a change was needed and he has acted in the best interest of the club, so fair play.
    Or has he realised that the team is crap and walked away before results go down the toilet?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Or has he realised that the team is crap and walked away before results go down the toilet?
    The one he built? Surely not..

Maybe we can have a good cup rin

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I agree with you. I think Bellamy would be an exciting appointment.

Booing at then end of the game yesterday did it I think. The booing was not at the team, or individual players, it was at Warnock. he looked visibly shocked.

All the best Neil, thanks for the promotion season and saving us the season before.

I dread to think who we get next.

A bit surprised but he is 70 and I suspect the awful events in January took their toll too.
    I was underwhelmed when Mark Bowen took over at Reading but so far so good. All you can do is give the new guy a chance.

Cheers Neil, enjoy your retirement. Always thought he was a dick until he became our manager and now I know I was wrong.

On a similarly note.... Bellamy. Please

Heard early last week that things were close to breaking point and didnt expect him to last the international break. Had another message Friday evening to say it was even closer.

Seems like whatever happened at the Bristol game he was on his way.

Knowing the above was genuinely saddened to hear the booing yesterday.

Thank you Neil.

All these call's for Bellers but wasn't he involved in this bullying investigation that's gone on?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    All these call's for Bellers but wasn't he involved in this bullying investigation that's gone on?
    Yep. But still- Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Muted the English anthem and 2 English coaches had to sing it..you know actual grown men that weren’t bothered by it

Also swore didn’t he.

What a twat.

I was in the Atyeo when he stood there one Tuesday night raising both fists smiling as our play off hopes were ended in a 1-1 by his Rotherham side.
    The abuse was horrendous and he loved it.

I was in the old Williams Stand as he cupped his ear for the chants of “Warnock you’re a c**t” when he brought his QPR side down and then beat us 0-2.

I was there when he went ballistic as a perfectly good goal was ruled out for his Palace team.

But I was also there the night we beat his Palace team in the Play offs.
    After Michael McIndoe scored he gave the thumbs up to our fans and applauded us at the final whistle.

Football man is Neil.
    Possibly one of the most frustrating opposition managers of my lifetime but a guy I shall miss in the game.

A bloke who may have gone a season too long but (by all accounts from people who have known him) a bloody decent bloke all the same.

He will be well received at our ground.
    Come and watch us in the Premier League next year Neil.

Thanks for the (mostly horrible) memories.

Sad to hear, had lots of great memories of his time with us, but inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I was in the Atyeo when he stood there one Tuesday night raising both fists smiling as our play off hopes were ended in a 1-1 by his Rotherham side.
    The abuse was horrendous and he loved it.

I was in the old Williams Stand as he cupped his ear for the chants of “Warnock you’re a c**t” when he brought his QPR side down and then beat us 0-2.

I was there when he went ballistic as a perfectly good goal was ruled out for his Palace team.

But I was also there the night we beat his Palace team in the Play offs.
    After Michael McIndoe scored he gave the thumbs up to our fans and applauded us at the final whistle.

Football man is Neil.
    Possibly one of the most frustrating opposition managers of my lifetime but a guy I shall miss in the game.

A bloke who may have gone a season too long but (by all accounts from people who have known him) a bloody decent bloke all the same.

He will be well received at our ground.
    Come and watch us in the Premier League next year Neil.

Thanks for the (mostly horrible) memories.
    For me he lost his 'spark' this season. He wasn't the same Warnock football loves and hates.

Surprised to hear this news TBH, although if there is a bit of dough sloshing about, it will give a bit of time for the new manager to assess their own view of the squad before the new year window. overall and considering the club when he took over, it's been a successful period for NW, albeit that the team is currently underperforming.

Wow, very surprised by that. Wish him the best but I think he'd run his course here.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wow by mutual consent, didn't see that coming.
    He's been sacked. Mutual consent makes it sound nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    He's been sacked. Mutual consent makes it sound nice.
    I genuinely don't think he's been sacked to be honest, usually I'd agree with you about "mutual consent" but I can't imagine Tan sacking him unless we were looking at relegation