+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Other than Wales Online has anyone else mentioned Harris and Bowyer by name?

Other than Wales Online has anyone else mentioned Harris and Bowyer by name?

WoL are tweeting and Facebook posting relentlessly over the past 24 hours to the point I'm close to unfollowing them. It's clickbait crazy.

They named Harris and Bowyer but has anyone else? Did Dalman mention them specifically.

In one of WoL's articles they speak to a South London journo who says no contact has been made with Bowyer, yet WoL have, amongst several dozen repetetive tweets today, pictured him 17 times.

Re: Other than Wales Online has anyone else mentioned Harris and Bowyer by name?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50383009

In this article Dalman doesn’t mention any names even when questioned about Harris.

Re: Other than Wales Online has anyone else mentioned Harris and Bowyer by name?

Apart from speculation derived from Mike Flynn's attendance at Sunday's game, I dont think anyone has been named in any official capacity.

Its all guess work. Harris out of work no compensation is probably an easy appointment. While he is the bookies favourite papers pick up on that.

I think it will probably be him.

The WO journo who put out the Harris and Bowyer article wrote an article yesterday saying that Warnock’s meeting with the board was about January’s transfers and that he was not leaving.

I’ll give them credit because they’ve convinced everyone that it’s either one of those, despite Dalman stating the opposite earlier when he said the target is a young attacking manager, Harris hardly fits that

The fact that the appointment is going to be so quick suggests that its going to be someone out of work so no compensation to deal with another club.

Or worringly at a club where you cant believe your luck youve been approached and the club bite your hands off for a smallish compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The fact that the appointment is going to be so quick suggests that its going to be someone out of work so no compensation to deal with another club.

Or worringly at a club where you cant believe your luck youve been approached and the club bite your hands off for a smallish compensation.
    Likewise, Dalman's comment that a new manager would be "announced within 72hrs" would seemingly eliminate anyone currently working. Even if the club just approached out-of-work managers it doesn't necessarily follow that a mutual agreement could be concluded withing 72hrs... Bit odd that..

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Seems to me that Dalman has already been in discussions with one or two potential managers prior to Warnocks departure. This would answer the proposed short time before an announcement is made.
    He pulled off Warnocks appointment so I’m hopeful he will pull out another rabbit alongside an experienced Director of Football

In Dalman we trust

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Seems to me that Dalman has already been in discussions with one or two potential managers prior to Warnocks departure. This would answer the proposed short time before an announcement is made.
    He pulled off Warnocks appointment so I’m hopeful he will pull out another rabbit alongside an experienced Director of Football

In Dalman we trust
    He also picked Ole,Slade and Trollope?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    WoL are tweeting and Facebook posting relentlessly over the past 24 hours to the point I'm close to unfollowing them. It's clickbait crazy.

They named Harris and Bowyer but has anyone else? Did Dalman mention them specifically.

In one of WoL's articles they speak to a South London journo who says no contact has been made with Bowyer, yet WoL have, amongst several dozen repetetive tweets today, pictured him 17 times.
    Dalman was on talkSPORT this morning and they have been reporting that Neil Harris is our first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Dalman was on talkSPORT this morning and they have been reporting that Neil Harris is our first choice.
    based on what... WoL?

based on what... WoL?
    Based on Jim White talking out of his arse and trying to show he’s in the know.

based on what... WoL?
    Unnamed sources.

But Dalman is big pals with Jim White, isn't he?