+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock leaves us in as bad a place as when he joined

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock leaves us in as bad a place as when he joined

Improved the relationship with the fans and has helped put the rebrand behind us. Has left us with some parachute payments and a fuller stadium than when he joined.

But the squad he left us with isn't that great. Would be interesting to see what a new manager could get out of Murphy and Reid. I'm a fan of Marlon pack too. First thing that we need though is 2 full backs, 2 centre mids and at least 1 centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Improved the relationship with the fans and has helped put the rebrand behind us. Has left us with some parachute payments and a fuller stadium than when he joined.

But the squad he left us with isn't that great. Would be interesting to see what a new manager could get out of Murphy and Reid. I'm a fan of Marlon pack too. First thing that we need though is 2 full backs, 2 centre mids and at least 1 centre half.
    Yeah, its not like we havent got enough centre halfs. Weve only got 5 senior CH's on the books plus Ciaron Brown coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah, its not like we havent got enough centre halfs. Weve only got 5 senior CH's on the books plus Ciaron Brown coming through.
    How many good ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How many good ones though.
    Oh I agree, totally, but getting rid of the duds isnt going to be easy. I doubt the new manager will be given carte blanche just to add to the squad without shipping players out and weve given very average or injury prone players multi year contracts.

Why the hell was Matt Conolly given a contract extension? Jazz Richards too?. Why sign Curtis Nelson and then sign Aden Flint?

Weve got 5 centre halfs, 4 senior goalkeepers, and only 1 left back. The squad is so unbalanced its ridiculous and theres only one man to blame for that.