+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW MANAGER to be named within 72 hours

Re: NEW MANAGER to be named within 72 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.. **** me it's disappointing following us at the moment. Total lack of ambition, horrible appointment if true.
    It really would be.
    Just had a look at what Millwall fans got to say about him coming here, not very complimentary towards Harris at all.

If you had a time machine would you appoint a younger Neil Warnock to take over an existing Neil Warnock side? If the answer is yes then Neil Harries is you man. Play a similar style of football but put a bit of fire under the existing players and give the out of favour players some hope. We won't be relegated and might get into the playoffs. If we don't then get a new man in the summer and start changing styles then.

Most football clubs seem to ask prospective managers to undergo a thorough interview to check their plan for the club going forward. I reckon that process, please say we've followed suit, will tell the board more than Millwall's football forums. Even if we do sign up Pep then we're unlikely to see changes to the style of play until towards next summer anyway based on how the players have been drilled for past three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.. **** me it's disappointing following us at the moment. Total lack of ambition, horrible appointment if true.
    I’ll give up if we’ve are given a mini Warnock.

Hopefully the club have eyes online and will read that we don’t want another 10 men behind the wall wingers as fullbacks strikers as cdm formation.

Neil Harris is a hoofball merchant just like Warnock. However, anything other than hoofball will get the crowd jeering as they cannot stand passing from side to side. Personally I would prefer Bowyer over any of the candidates with Harris my bottom of the list of those mentioned. However, it seems from what has been said that Harris is a done deal so hoofball here we come or should I say hoofball will be here to stay.

Can someone enlighten me as to why Neil Harris appears to be a cert for the City job. If this has come from the article written by Glen Williams on Wales Online then it should be considered with a pinch of salt. Yesterday he reported that Warnock would not be leaving any time soon and was meeting Dalman to consider transfer funds for January transfer window!

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Please let this happen, AMBITION!
    Dream on.

This type of appointment would require some imagination from the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Dream on.

This type of appointment would require some imagination from the board.
    My definition of imagination is not an appointment so obvious that it was suggested on a football message board. Are we going to suggest on of Klopp's assistants next?

…..Pepijn Linders wouldn't be a bad shout, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    My definition of imagination is not an appointment so obvious that it was suggested on a football message board. Are we going to suggest on of Klopp's assistants next?

…..Pepijn Linders wouldn't be a bad shout, actually.
    So now it can’t be too obvious?

Warnock was an obvious choice and popular at the time, should we not have got him?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s according to Mehmet, on radio Wales.

He also stated that they’re looking for a younger manager, with a more attacking style of play (he used the words offensive style of play)
    Can someone explain why Neil Harris is supposedly the front runner for the job?

I don’t know too much about him but his record doesn’t make him the stand out candidate and I wasn’t aware that he had such a strong reputation in the game.

I’d get behind him (like I did Slade!) but it would hardly be an inspiring choice. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    Can someone enlighten me as to why Neil Harris appears to be a cert for the City job. If this has come from the article written by Glen Williams on Wales Online then it should be considered with a pinch of salt. Yesterday he reported that Warnock would not be leaving any time soon and was meeting Dalman to consider transfer funds for January transfer window!
    Glen Williams is an egg chaser who knows feck all about football let alone Cardiff City. Noone outside Tan, Dalman and Choo have a clue who we are looking at for manager.

We could go for Guardiola, but our defence is bad enough as it is, without him making it worse!!

Not sure I understand the negativity on Harris?
    Did a damn good job on limited resources at Millwall.

The 2 lads in our office in London who support Millwall wont have a bad word said about “Bomber”...
    How often do you have that after a guy has just left a club?
    Says much about him and his reputation.

I would completely understand the negativity about Pulis.
    Another hoof ball merchant with a history of fans at clubs wanting him out.

But Neil Harris?
    I think he could well do a half decent job if given some resources he never had at Millwall yet still took them up and kept them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Not sure I understand the negativity on Harris?
    Did a damn good job on limited resources at Millwall.

The 2 lads in our office in London who support Millwall wont have a bad word said about “Bomber”...
    How often do you have that after a guy has just left a club?
    Says much about him and his reputation.

I would completely understand the negativity about Pulis.
    Another hoof ball merchant with a history of fans at clubs wanting him out.

But Neil Harris?
    I think he could well do a half decent job if given some resources he never had at Millwall yet still took them up and kept them up?
    You have to question the credibility of anyone who uses a nickname like "Bomber" freely and amongst other people.

Also, they might just be being loyal to a fellow Londoner and 'Wall die-hard.

What did Neil say if people don't know what's going on they make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    He must read this board.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Like he used to in his post match interviews

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nager-17248603

It now seems that the new manager may not be appointed until the beginning of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

It now seems that the new manager may not be appointed until the beginning of next week.
    Makes perfect sense to take our time and get it right (by our time I mean those in charge at the club for the pedantic arseholes among us)

Re: NEW Mt*ANAGER to be named within 72 hours

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

I think they are now involving Huw Jenkins, their a guy who has picked some good Managers!

A manager “known to City fans”. Every manager on the bookies list is known to City fans. Are they trying to trick us into thinking Bellamy is coming?

I presume we'll be working to Malaysia time for this - they are 8 hours forward - so probably should be announced early tomorrow?

Tick tock.

72 hours are up

The board are still interviewing Basil Fawlty