+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City considering a Director of Football type appointment?

Re: City considering a Director of Football type appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You’re definitely overplaying Tans villain role tbh.

...perhaps not. I refer you to the answer given by my learned friend Mr Since62

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    As a tax advisor, I am very much someone who does not like (or even permit) it. Given the club is presumably loss-making I'm not sure there is much at stake here for (presumably) the Malaysian tax authorities, but the auditors at least would be asking for evidence of locations and attendees of board meetings.
    How does a tax advisor get to stipulate how board meetings are conducted? Given that the role is advisory, I’d have thought you’d have no say in it.
    I’ve attended loads of board meetings that have been by teleconference.
    As long as they are correctly minutes etc, it makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    How does a tax advisor get to stipulate how board meetings are conducted? Given that the role is advisory, I’d have thought you’d have no say in it.
    I’ve attended loads of board meetings that have been by teleconference.
    As long as they are correctly minutes etc, it makes no difference.
    I have worked in house too where I definitely had a say in stuff like that. The risk is the company could be tax resident where the directors have the meetings, which wouldnt be particularly clever in particular if it would trigger a taxable exit from the country of incorporation. The risk extends to directors dialling in too, not just in-person meetings abroad. It's not exactly a niche point, most groups are well aware of the risk and manage it appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The most laughable aspect of the WalesOnline article is the suggestion that board meetings actually take place. With an absentee owner and 4 other absentee Malaysian directors I doubt whether any meeting convened at CCS would be quorate.

Who is left ? Ken Choo who also has a Car Dealership to run. Mehmet Dahlman who seems to be looking elsewhere and the token Cardiff person Steve Borley who is, no doubt, a valuable asset to have on the board but with an absolute dictator of an owner you wonder what contribution he can be allowed to make.

We need someone on the board like a DoF to stop a manager having too much of a free hand but would he be able to stand up to the owner when he starts making idiotic comments and tell him that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I think not.
    What a load of utter drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    ...perhaps not. I refer you to the answer given by my learned friend Mr Since62
    That the nasty man hasn’t met the directors?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I hope whoever is appointed as DoF he has a wide European network we can tap into to secure quality players at a reasonable price

The new manager is the first key appointment now but restructuring to give us more of a rounded football structure off the field is just as important and this sounds like we're creeping in that direction. Dalman is very clever with his wording of statements so we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.