+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock sticks to his word, but his departure is still a shock.

Neil Warnock sticks to his word, but his departure is still a shock.

Re: Neil Warnock sticks to his word, but his departure is still a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cracking post Bob

Good work Bob.

Enjoyed that.

I think his shortcomings in the transfer market together with key losses due to injuries, have determined the fate of this current City squad. The inability to replace Gunnarson, the lack of back up at full back[s], and poor choices up front, meant that our squad just doesn't have the ability the 2017/8 did. As I've said before the loss of Bamba cannot be overstated, and if Reid had been playing in midfield alongside Ralls I think our football would have been a lot better on the eye.

He's not been a good manager. He's been a great manager, light years ahead of the rest in terms of delivering success at this level. I just think he maybe ran out of steam, didn't perhaps have the energy to supervise the transfers as closely as he usually did, and, yes, the Sala tragedy almost certainly knocked him back. It says a lot for the man that he stuck to his task without complaint, and did his best to delivery success again on the pitch...

Thanks Paul, nice article. I concur.

Good read thanks. Sundays game i noticed fans around me who are not normally so vocal we're all discussing the possibilty of Warnock going now. And then when he took Tomlin off it all went crazy and kicked off calling for his head.
    I knew then it was only a matter of time but still shocked it happened so soon.
    I'm kind of sad he's actually gone as the past 3 years he's been good value but the footie has just got worse and worse and at times before we've just accepted it but I think everyone has had enough now so timing wise i'm glad the club and Neil have reacted.
    Its for the best and we move on. Thanks for the memories though Mr Warnock. Its been a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Good read thanks. Sundays game i noticed fans around me who are not normally so vocal we're all discussing the possibilty of Warnock going now. And then when he took Tomlin off it all went crazy and kicked off calling for his head.
    I knew then it was only a matter of time but still shocked it happened so soon.
    I'm kind of sad he's actually gone as the past 3 years he's been good value but the footie has just got worse and worse and at times before we've just accepted it but I think everyone has had enough now so timing wise i'm glad the club and Neil have reacted.
    Its for the best and we move on. Thanks for the memories though Mr Warnock. Its been a hoot.
    I do wonder what our fans are watching sometimes. Tomlin could have been subbed off at least 10 minutes earlier. He was gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I do wonder what our fans are watching sometimes. Tomlin could have been subbed off at least 10 minutes earlier. He was gassed.
    His final contribution was running back twenty or so yards to shepherd a ball back to Etheridge, he unfortunately then turned his back on our ‘keeper and hared off up the pitch instead of making himself available for a once in a lifetime roll out from Etheridge to keep possession. He didn’t look knackered.