+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facial recognition

Facial recognition

Being used tomorrow by SWP

A good idea? Nothing to worry about if you’ve done nothing wrong? Would anyone on a banned list go to such a game where you are constantly monitored all the time?

Re: Facial recognition

I don’t think people will go if they’ve got a ban. Surely much better in a local pub anyway.

Previously I would have said no problem at all, I've got nothing to hide; but, having watched the drama series "The Capture" on BBC1, and reading about the advances in fake facial/talking videos (example: https://www.sciencealert.com/samsung...a-single-image) I'm not so sure! The future is scary.

If you’ve got nothing to hide, why fear it.

In regard to the previous post, about a “drama”, I used to watch Star Trek, but I don’t think anyone will ever be “beamed-up”

That's it, I'm staying home.

Anyone who has seen the capture would not be happy with this.

However more than likely the police have been doing this for years covertly anyway.

Seriously though, I hope those who are going have a good day. I’ve been there 5 times to see city. But I’m really not sure it’s worth it anymore? With the amount of money it costs, the time of day, the ridiculous travel arrangements, now this facial recognition thing?

I know people say if you have nothing to hide there’s nothing to fear etc..... maybe but my point is it’s just an added reason for people not to be bothered to go. It sounds very easy for the wrong person to be identified and picked up- like I say is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Anyone who has seen the capture would not be happy with this.

However more than likely the police have been doing this for years covertly anyway.

Seriously though, I hope those who are going have a good day. I’ve been there 5 times to see city. But I’m really not sure it’s worth it anymore? With the amount of money it costs, the time of day, the ridiculous travel arrangements, now this facial recognition thing?

I know people say if you have nothing to hide there’s nothing to fear etc..... maybe but my point is it’s just an added reason for people not to be bothered to go. It sounds very easy for the wrong person to be identified and picked up- like I say is it worth it?
    I've not seen City at Swansea since they played at The Vetch.

The hassle is just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I've not seen City at Swansea since they played at The Vetch.

The hassle is just not worth it.
    It’s all a nonsense.

I’ve been to most of them and in fairness I haven’t seen any trouble at all in any of the games. Well unless you class hand gestures and people being held back by an invisible fence as trouble.

Makes this seem even more unnecessary,

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    It’s all a nonsense.

I’ve been to most of them and in fairness I haven’t seen any trouble at all in any of the games. Well unless you class hand gestures and people being held back by an invisible fence as trouble.

Makes this seem even more unnecessary,
    First one I've ever missed

I was even at the banned ones in the 90s in the swans end at the side of the vetch sat next to their Combat 18 union jack waving morons (I hasten to add the ticket was got for me by some decent Jacks who were my mates who detested those morons as well) when Stant hit that belter and stuck his chest out.

Dr Pop bless him got my tickets for the last game and before that TVB. I always swore that was the last one I was ever going to go to but carried on but it's so much hassle and we never play well down there - even when Bellamy scored and we had all those superstars in our team they outplayed us. I'll never forget how angry I was with The Eddie Johnson Sh1t Show.

Well time has now caught up with me and I really can't be doing with the being cooped up on a bus. Glad one of my boys is going though - as he's really up for it.

They've got special cameras to ensure there are no away fans in the home stands. New finger recognition cameras can now check for anyone with the normal 5 fingers and alert stewards accordingly.

The data held will be probably illegally accessed by other parties in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They've got special cameras to ensure there are no away fans in the home stands. New finger recognition cameras can now check for anyone with the normal 5 fingers and alert stewards accordingly.
    And microphones pick up on the Cardiff 'a'......

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

In regard to the previous post, about a “drama”, I used to watch Star Trek, but I don’t think anyone will ever be “beamed-up”
    Watch this and you might see he's not being ridiculous when alluding to something he saw on tv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QvIX3cY4lc

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Watch this and you might see he's not being ridiculous when alluding to something he saw on tv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QvIX3cY4lc
    Na, it’s ok thank you.

You’re talking here, to someone who thinks we should all be chipped at birth !

There would be no lost persons or kidnapping then

Na, it’s ok thank you.

No issue with people not turning up for the coach either

Na, it’s ok thank you.

No issue with people not turning up for the coach either
    Exactamundo

No need for Passports either

The drama was fiction of course, the link is reality!

The idea of fans wearing Halloween Masks in protest was a good idea. Not sure why Steve Cooper kept his on for the whole match though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Fiction but perhaps based on what the English led UK authorities do ?, some say that the English led UK authorities has a history of eliminating human rights lawyers defending people and groups they don't like and people that they view as a danger to the English led UK state.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Fiction but perhaps based on what the English led UK authorities do ?, some say that the English led UK authorities has a history of eliminating human rights lawyers defending people and groups they don't like and people that they view as a danger to the English led UK state.
    Why the fcuk is Cherry Blair still making a fortune then?

I think its great i had a load of girls thinking i was Brad Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Why the fcuk is Cherry Blair still making a fortune then?
    She is for the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    She is for the other side.
    Are we still talking about security, or have we moved onto sex ?

Players did their very best at hiding themselves today, didn't need any masks to achieve it.