+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue

The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue

"We want a manager that produces 35 shots per game"

That quote for me is up there with Marshall not scoring enough goals. Just to put that into perspective I watched Bayern Munich absolutely batter Dortmund on the weekend in one of the most one sided games I have seen in some time. They had 18 shots in what was for the vast majority of the game attack v. defence.

Add in their comments about 'offensive' football then the mention of Harris and the betting (no smoke without fire). If they install Harris after those quotes then I would seriously question if they have the small amount of knowledge that we have questioned they have in the past. I would honestly put the decision to a vote on here before I would trust our board to pick a new man. That's how much I trust them to get it right.

Add to this things like transfers not getting done/across the line etc and you have to wonder what goes on day to day at the club.
    Let's just say for arguments sake they throw a few comments like the 35 shots one above into the mix in meetings with potential players. What message does that send out? Would you want to come? I know money has a big say but would you go to a club that you felt didn't have a clue what it was doing?

Getting a decent manager, whatever he is paid, is vital to this club. They seem to want to watch the pennies with what I and a lot of others feel will be the most vital cog at the club but throw money at your Murphy's and Reid's of this world and then not play them. It is insanity.

Re: The more you hear the more you think the board don't have a clue

It’s possible that he’s exaggerated a bit there to get his point across that he wants a change in style.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It’s possible that he’s exaggerated a bit there to get his point across that he wants a change in style.
    Very possible but surely the point about Harris' football being anything but that is amplified even more.

Also, is it a time for little jokes given the clubs track record with this nonsense. Especially from the chairman. Given what has gone before this and some of the quotes from those in high positions within the club I'm not sure it was said as an exaggeration or slightly tongue in cheek either.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Very possible but surely the point about Harris' football being anything but that is amplified even more.

Also, is it a time for little jokes given the clubs track record with this nonsense. Especially from the chairman. Given what has gone before this and some of the quotes from those in high positions within the club I'm not sure it was said as an exaggeration or slightly tongue in cheek either.
    I think it was. We’re quite high in terms of shots per game in the league as it is.

I agree with Harris, would be strange after saying he wants an attacking manager, unless he’s talked to Harris who’s laid out a different blueprint to what we saw at Wall? Which would be strange..

The club has no direction, still. We have 2 chalk and cheese managers in the running here surely we should at least have 2 that are similar in play style ffs.

They've neither got a clue nor ambition.

Probably what Warnock meant when he said he would watch from afar with enjoyment over the next 5 years.
    He knows they don’t have a fecking clue.

This is why the phrase 'be careful what you wish for' was bandied around so much.

Tan is still involved and Dalman's comments that he is taking more of an interest are extremely worrying. I'm sure we all remember the painter and decorator from Kazakhstan who he appointed as head of recruitment. And Russell bloody Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    This is why the phrase 'be careful what you wish for' was bandied around so much.

Tan is still involved and Dalman's comments that he is taking more of an interest are extremely worrying. I'm sure we all remember the painter and decorator from Kazakhstan who he appointed as head of recruitment. And Russell bloody Slade.
    Slade was dire. But he was needed and has helped us move on..

So clueless that their last appointment achieved promotion.

Just wonder if Warnock played some part in Harris' appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So clueless that their last appointment achieved promotion.

Just wonder if Warnock played some part in Harris' appointment
    What are you talking about? When was Harris appointed?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    What are you talking about? When was Harris appointed?
    Fate accompli

Yes possible but even so, not the kind of comments that need to be said.

If he'd said something like "A manager with a team who will create chances" then we'd all be thrilled.

The only person who mentioned Harris was that moron Glen Williams who works for WO.

If the Board want a change of style then Harris should not be under consideration. There is absolutely no point in requesting a change of style and then expect the new manager to depart from the tactics that have got him previous successes. If the Board want a different type of manager to Warnock then Bowyer has to be first choice.

I hope this is all smoke and mirrors and they are going after the only person with any talent amongst this lot Bellamy.

I think we should take it all with a pinch of salt.
    What if it’s simply a ruse to distract away from who they’re actually targeting?
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 13-11-19 at 09:30. Reason: Typo

Sure it's more tongue in cheek, emphasising the attacking style they are looking for. It's a bit like reading match reviews on this forum, whether we were as fantastic or awful as suggested, the truth is usually in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Yes possible but even so, not the kind of comments that need to be said.

If he'd said something like "A manager with a team who will create chances" then we'd all be thrilled.
    Well he did say an offensive style

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sure it's more tongue in cheek, emphasising the attacking style they are looking for. It's a bit like reading match reviews on this forum, whether we were as fantastic or awful as suggested, the truth is usually in the middle.
    Yes.

I think it was. We’re quite high in terms of shots per game in the league as it is.

I agree with Harris, would be strange after saying he wants an attacking manager, unless he’s talked to Harris who’s laid out a different blueprint to what we saw at Wall? Which would be strange..

The club has no direction, still. We have 2 chalk and cheese managers in the running here surely we should at least have 2 that are similar in play style ffs.
    Wall 🤣🤣🤣.... I’d forgotten about that.

Today is going to be a good day 😁

Bristol City only needed 1 shot. 90% of our shots end up in tow Z

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Wall 🤣🤣🤣.... I’d forgotten about that.

Today is going to be a good day 😁
    Not really sure why your pissing your pants in excitement. The few “wall” I’ve met have all referred to them as such.

Not really sure why your pissing your pants in excitement. The few “wall” I’ve met have all referred to them as such.
    Let’s not go there again 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Let’s not go there again 🤣🤣🤣
    For your sake or mine? Cos I’m not bothered. Ain’t you about 60?

For your sake or mine? Cos I’m not bothered. Ain’t you about 60?
    🤣🤣🤣... Stop it...please 🤣