+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

  1. #1

    Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Robert Glatzel - Still too early too tell but hasn't looked like he's worth his £6million price tag
    Aden Flint - £6million quid and doesn't look like he can control a football
    Will Vaulks - Has looked average at best, hasn't been seen since having a nightmare against Reading
    Gavin Whyte - Has looked decent so far, was relatively cheap
    Marlon Pack - Has looked a good signing so far
    Joe Day - Played one game, never seen again
    Curtis Nelson - Finally got a chance last week and has looked good in his 2 appearances
    Isaac Vassell - Scored a late goal and has done little else, currently injured
    Aaron Bolger - Who knows
    Greg Cunningham - Signed for a decent fee, hardly played now loaned out (Worse than Joe Bennett!)
    Bobby Reid - Signed for £10million+, looked good when played, Warnock doesn't like him loaded out to a "rival"
    Armand Traorť - Who knows
    Emiliano Sala - Signed for big money but a tragic accident means he never played, looked a good player
    Josh Murphy - Signed as a winger for £10million, Warncok shocked he isn't a full back
    Alex Smithies - Looks a decent keeper
    Leandro Bacuna - Signed for £3million on a long contract, has had a couple of decent performances but never worth the money
    Harry Arter - Decent loan signing on deadline day, we'd have had no midfielders without him
    VŪctor Camarasa - Very good loan signing on deadline day, we'd have had no midfielders without him
    Oumar Niasse - Couldn't score in a brothel, quite fast
    Gary Madine - Couldn't score in a brothel, doesn't really move
    Omar Bogle - Could maybe score with the ugliest girl in a brother, can move but doesn't know where to go
    Lee Tomlin - Lost 2 stone in the summer, Cardiff lost £1 million when signing him
    Danny Ward - Looks half decent
    Neil Etheridge - Very good free transfer, shite distirbution
    Lee Camp - Who knows
    Callum Paterson - Works his arse off, scored quite a few goals, hasn't played this year due to injury
    Yanic Wildschut - Shite
    Nathaniel Mendez-Laing - A good signing, very frustrating at times
    LoÔc Damour - Had a good 3 months, never seen again
    Marko Grujic - Good loan singing
    Liam Feeney - Shite
    Jamie Ward - Who
    Craig Bryson - Good loan singing
    Sol Bamba - Great free transfer
    Junior Hoilet - Great free transfer
    Kieron Richardson - Shite free transfer
    Marouanne Chamakh -Shite free transfer

    A lot of signings in 3 years. Seems the more we spent the worse they were.

  2. #2

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Successful acquisitions -

    Laing
    Sol
    Etheridge
    Arter
    Camarasa
    Hoilet.

    There are another five or so that are serviceable or have moments. The rest are have been average at best UNDER WARNOCK.

  3. #3

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    NML, Etheridge, Hoilett and Bamba were the best because they cost nothing. Paterson can be classed as a success at £425,000 for what he has done in the last two years. I think at our level £2m fees are the norm, some work some don't like Vaulks, Tomlin, Ward etc , none of whom can be classed as a success. However when big money is spent it's been an absolute shambles. £11m on Murphy, £10m on reid (although we will get it back). Both good players but not shown consistency under Warnock. Madine and Glatzel are absolutely terrible for £11.5, £4m on Cunningham who payed 7 league games, £3.5m on Smithies to sit on the bench?

    Last season's loan signings didn't really work out , we probably paid loan fees and high wages for them. Niasse was Ok but didn't score, Camarasa was the best, and top scorer, but often didn't play, Arter was bang average, no goals , no assists and missed almost half the season. But because they were loans we don't still have them on big wages and long contracts so it was a good ploy.

    I think Pack is OK, Flint is nowhere near worth the £4m we paid (We won't pay the extra £2m because we won't go up), Day cost nothing but we trebled his wages to be 3rd choice 'keeper. Why6te fails to impress,. as does Vaulks at £2m each, and Glatzel has been poor for £5.5m./

    The problem is we can't unload any of these because they are on contract, and if we could no other team is going to pay anywhere near the fees we paid for them.

    Whoever come sin as boss has now got to do what Slade had to do, get rid of a lot, and rebuild. This should not have to happen so a toal mess up on the transfer front.

    At leats a number of them are out of contract at the end of the season dn will free up some of the budget for wages next season. Tomlin, Bogle, Richards, Connolly, Ward, Bamba etc.

  4. #4

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Looks pretty average havent been many massive failures. Even someone like Madine has shown that will atttact other clubs. My main problem is that is a high turnover of players yet probably only make up about 50% of our team.

    Not that bothered by Murphy as sure could get back 75% of what paid for him.

    You could make up 2 teams of our squad and one wouldnt be much better than the other. What kills football clubs is wages and theres probably 10 million plus leaving this club with no value.

  5. #5

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Looks pretty average havent been many massive failures. Even someone like Madine has shown that will atttact other clubs. My main problem is that is a high turnover of players yet probably only make up about 50% of our team.

    Not that bothered by Murphy as sure could get back 75% of what paid for him.

    You could make up 2 teams of our squad and one wouldnt be much better than the other. What kills football clubs is wages and theres probably 10 million plus leaving this club with no value.
    I don't think we'd get back even half what we paid for Madine. In fact I'd say we woulnd't make a profit on a single one of those players bar Hoilet (even then it wouldn't be much). We'd be lucky to break even on a few of them.

  6. #6

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    this list proves that the club has no phucking idea what they are doing or who they are buying. playground stuff for warnock

  7. #7

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Letís be honest he was his own Director of Football, every football decision was made by him whether for the good of the club or not but Iíd hazard a guess they were made for the good of Neil Warnock!

  8. #8

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Let’s be honest he was his own Director of Football, every football decision was made by him whether for the good of the club or not but I’d hazard a guess they were made for the good of Neil Warnock!
    splott on

  9. #9
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,094

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Some good. Some bad. Some indifferent. Some dodgy. Does better in Spar than Harrods.

  10. #10

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Letís be honest he was his own Director of Football, every football decision was made by him whether for the good of the club or not but Iíd hazard a guess they were made for the good of Neil Warnock!
    To be fair to Neil Warnock not every decision was made for the good of him, some were made for the good of James Warnock.

  11. #11

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    To be fair to Neil Warnock not every decision was made for the good of him, some were made for the good of James Warnock.
    Isnít this something that needs to be probed?

  12. #12

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    The signings of Bamba Hoilett Etheridge NML and Paterson for a combined fee of what - approx £500k - was genius and transformed a relegation threatened side into a promotion winning team. That was outstanding work

    The signings of Reid and Murphy made sense at the time and though expensive we will mostly get our money back and Murphy could still come good

    The signings of Flint Smithies and Cunningham made no sense as we already had those positions in the team filled and they were very expensive back ups ( I know Flint is not a back up but he should be!)

    All the signed strikers have been a complete waste of time and money ( Ward is the best of the bunch)

    You would say that group of signings made initially for such a low cost leaves Warnock in much credit despite the money wasted on Madine and Glatzel and Vassell. Could also be argued he wouldn't have needed to gamble on Glatzel and Vassell if the tragedy surrounding Sala didn't happen.

    So overall far more positive than negative despite the frustrations of this season

  13. #13

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Successful acquisitions -

    Laing
    Sol
    Etheridge
    Arter
    Camarasa
    Hoilet.

    There are another five or so that are serviceable or have moments. The rest are have been average at best UNDER WARNOCK.
    Artery and Camarasa only loan signings

  14. #14

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    NML, Etheridge, Hoilett and Bamba were the best because they cost nothing. Paterson can be classed as a success at £425,000 for what he has done in the last two years. I think at our level £2m fees are the norm, some work some don't like Vaulks, Tomlin, Ward etc , none of whom can be classed as a success. However when big money is spent it's been an absolute shambles. £11m on Murphy, £10m on reid (although we will get it back). Both good players but not shown consistency under Warnock. Madine and Glatzel are absolutely terrible for £11.5, £4m on Cunningham who payed 7 league games, £3.5m on Smithies to sit on the bench?

    Last season's loan signings didn't really work out , we probably paid loan fees and high wages for them. Niasse was Ok but didn't score, Camarasa was the best, and top scorer, but often didn't play, Arter was bang average, no goals , no assists and missed almost half the season. But because they were loans we don't still have them on big wages and long contracts so it was a good ploy.

    I think Pack is OK, Flint is nowhere near worth the £4m we paid (We won't pay the extra £2m because we won't go up), Day cost nothing but we trebled his wages to be 3rd choice 'keeper. Why6te fails to impress,. as does Vaulks at £2m each, and Glatzel has been poor for £5.5m./

    The problem is we can't unload any of these because they are on contract, and if we could no other team is going to pay anywhere near the fees we paid for them.

    Whoever come sin as boss has now got to do what Slade had to do, get rid of a lot, and rebuild. This should not have to happen so a toal mess up on the transfer front.

    At leats a number of them are out of contract at the end of the season dn will free up some of the budget for wages next season. Tomlin, Bogle, Richards, Connolly, Ward, Bamba etc.
    The agreement with Fulham is that Reid is on loan for the season and can be signed for£10m.
    He is not playing and has not even made the bench for most of this seasons games.
    Believe me he will be sent back.
    We will be lucky to move him on for £3-3.5m

  15. #15

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Best signings were Bamba & Hoilett.

    Also the Camarasa & Arter loans on the deadline were crucial.

  16. #16

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Worst was Madine, obviously.

  17. #17

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The agreement with Fulham is that Reid is on loan for the season and can be signed for£10m.
    He is not playing and has not even made the bench for most of this seasons games.
    Believe me he will be sent back.
    We will be lucky to move him on for £3-3.5m
    If Bobby comes back at the end of the season, then surely thatís like having a new signing, with it being a new manager and hopefully a system more aligned with his style of play?

  18. #18

    Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The agreement with Fulham is that Reid is on loan for the season and can be signed for£10m.
    He is not playing and has not even made the bench for most of this seasons games.
    Believe me he will be sent back.
    We will be lucky to move him on for £3-3.5m
    What are you talking about? He's started for them 8 times this season and made another 6 appearances as a substitute.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •