Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Yes, too many have forgotten those awful times. It was either brilliant or real shite and we had a talent from going from one run to another with no prior warning. If one game summed up one of Jones' bad moments, it was Leicester at home. A truly dismal affair, spoiled by strong winds. I've not seen as many games as awful as that at any level of football, the only moment of quality was a sumptuous Darren Purse volley from 35 yards as the ball dropped over his shoulder, past a hopelessly out of position Enckelman. I don't think any video evidence exists of this moment, but it was arguably the greatest own goal ever by a City player. Ali sounded embarrassed on the tannoy.

I had to look up the game for my own amusement. It was March 1st, 2008. 13,355 turned up to watch what Jones described as "a very poor game". 2 weeks prior to that game we stuffed Wolves in the cup and, a week after that Leicester debarcle, we beat Boro away in the FA cup. In between those cup ties we lost 2 out of 3 and failed to score a single goal.
So Cardiff get to an FA Cup Semi-final for the first time in 80 plus years but you were just bogged down by poor league form?