+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

  1. #1

    How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Just saying.....

  2. #2

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    And again, itís the style he plays that annoys most people having a pop.

  3. #3

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And again, it’s the style he plays that annoys most people having a pop.
    This. Cooper's background guaranteed that he would at least try to play decent entertaining football. Harris' record seems to guarantee that he will produce the same dross we have suffered under Warnock and before him Slade. Five years of mostly stone age football and more to come.

  4. #4

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Cooper won the world cup at u17 level with England, which might not impress some but it shows he's cut from a completely different cloth than Harris.

  5. #5

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Well Cooper is much uglier than Harris anyway so there.

  6. #6

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    This. Cooper's background guaranteed that he would at least try to play decent entertaining football. Harris' record seems to guarantee that he will produce the same dross we have suffered under Warnock and before him Slade. Five years of mostly stone age football and more to come.
    My point seems to fly over most peopleís heads. Itís been said by a few on here and it just doesnít sink in...

  7. #7

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Cooper won the world cup at u17 level with England, which might not impress some but it shows he's cut from a completely different cloth than Harris.
    And lets remember, the Jacks sold any player worth any money before he arrived.
    We continue to be embarrassed by our West Wales cousins as they already have a style of play, a very good academy set up, so they carefully pick someone who can carry on the plan.
    By comparison, we are playing lower league style with no chance of bringing any youngster through.

  8. #8

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Plug was a cheap option for the Jacks and may eventually relegate them.

  9. #9

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    And lets remember, the Jacks sold any player worth any money before he arrived.
    We continue to be embarrassed by our West Wales cousins as they already have a style of play, a very good academy set up, so they carefully pick someone who can carry on the plan.
    By comparison, we are playing lower league style with no chance of bringing any youngster through.
    Come off it. What a load of crap

  10. #10

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Plug was a cheap option for the Jacks and may eventually relegate them.
    We are the ones more likely to tumble through the leagues sooner or later.

    The majority of clubs our level (some who are far smaller than us ie Brentford) are evolving and staying ahead of the game in terms or recruitment and overall strategy yet we wander around in the darkness without a torch.

    Any hope I had of us ever changing under the present regime have finally been put to bed.

  11. #11

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We are the ones more likely to tumble through the leagues sooner or later.

    The majority of clubs our level (some who are far smaller than us ie Brentford) are evolving and staying ahead of the game in terms or recruitment and overall strategy yet we wander around in the darkness without a torch.

    Any hope I had of us ever changing under the present regime have finally been put to bed.
    Again no.

    Can u imagine if wed employed Cooper?
    Swansea despite trying havent sold all their players worth anything that is complete bollox.

    You seriously prefer the American hedge fund.??? They fail to go up. Which is probable and they have serious issues with out of contract players and loans leaving.

  12. #12

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Come off it. What a load of crap
    Whatís crap about that exactly? Donít let the rivalry with them cloud your judgement. We have no one on the board who has a clue about football, they brought in Britton and Alan Curtis to aid them after Potter left and now look at them. We all laughed at how they were being ran into the ground when the Americans came in and yet they are still ran better than us.

  13. #13

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Whatís crap about that exactly? Donít let the rivalry with them cloud your judgement. We have no one on the board who has a clue about football, they brought in Britton and Alan Curtis to aid them after Potter left and now look at them. We all laughed at how they were being ran into the ground when the Americans came in and yet they are still ran better than us.
    The first line for feckin starters they did not sell everyone worth anything!!!!

  14. #14

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The first line for feckin starters they did not sell everyone worth anything!!!!
    McBurnie and James were 35 million.

  15. #15

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    McBurnie and James were 35 million.
    Rodon Roberts Ayew Baston.

    DD said they sold everyone worth selling. That was bollox.

  16. #16

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just saying.....
    How many of us thought
    Slade
    Hibbitt
    Osman
    Yorath

    and others were crap appointments?

    Generally the ones we got behind did well, except maybe Frankie Burrows on his second stint. Only one who defied the fans was Eddie May.

  17. #17

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rodon Roberts Ayew Baston.

    DD said they sold everyone worth selling. That was bollox.
    Obviously not deemed good enough by other clubs who didnít offer anything for them.

    Baston has hardly lit football up with goals has he, Roberts isnít prem quality and Rodon has come good this year hasnít he?

  18. #18

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Again no.

    Can u imagine if wed employed Cooper?
    Swansea despite trying havent sold all their players worth anything that is complete bollox.

    You seriously prefer the American hedge fund.??? They fail to go up. Which is probable and they have serious issues with out of contract players and loans leaving.

    We would never go for someone like Cooper in the same way that we would never go for someone like Martinez, Brendan or Potter.

    We are an anti football club with clueless people in charge.

    We have a fan base who will turn a blind eye to managers rinsing their club as long as they say that "Cardiff fans are the most passionate in the country blah blah" and do the odd fist pump!

  19. #19

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rodon Roberts Ayew Baston.

    DD said they sold everyone worth selling. That was bollox.
    They tried to flog Ayew and couldn't get rid. He may well leave at Christmas now he has had an injury-free strong start to the season.

  20. #20

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    How many of us thought
    Slade
    Hibbitt
    Osman
    Yorath

    and others were crap appointments?

    Generally the ones we got behind did well, except maybe Frankie Burrows on his second stint. Only one who defied the fans was Eddie May.
    Burrows won promotion in his first season on his second stint to be fair. Played some really good football also.

    But yes you are right overall- definitely add Trollope to that list!

    we were generally pleased about Dave jones malky and Warnock.

    I would say maybe we got ole wrong as after that first win at Newcastle most thought it was a decent appointment.

  21. #21

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just saying.....
    No, I thought it was another annoyingly good appointment by the Jack's board.
    Unfortunately we have the opposite track record of consistently appointing shit managers, with the exception of Colin, who's enthusiasm and man management initially outweighed his other deficiencies.

  22. #22

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Plug was a cheap option for the Jacks and may eventually relegate them.
    Before we gifted them 3 points, some were calling for his head....

  23. #23

    Re: How many of us thought Steve Cooper was a shit appointment guaranteed to relegate the Jacks?

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Before we gifted them 3 points, some were calling for his head....
    They certainly were.
    JBs are notorious for their short memories like when theyíre telling us to pay money for Sala yet forget their past. The phrase 5p in the pound is lost on a lot of them.
    They were dreading playing us a few weeks back and now everything is hunkydory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •