Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
I think the majority on here have already made up their minds, but I'm prepared to keep my toys in the pram for the time being. A couple of months ago the general consensus amongst some was that this squad was better than the 2017/8 one. I disagreed citing J.Ralls being our outstanding midfielder this season but one of the weaker ones in 17/18.

Nonetheless, we do have a nucleus of the promoted squad, so - for this season - what's the best way to do that ? Start changing this around, asking our full backs to actually pass a ball, Pack to increase speed to at least league 2 level, NML to actually do something other than run with his head down ? I don't think anyone is going to succeed changing the teams style to flowing football in a couple of months, so, yes, something along the lines of Neil Harris' approach would make sense. It's direct, quick, and it worked. We haven't got McPhail and Whittingham in midfield, Burke, Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack in attack, Kennedy and McNaughton at full back unfortunately..
Sensible response and ypur right without the right tools how can you build the appropriate model. We have Warnock type players,some ageing, some on long contracts , cannot afford to dump them all, so its tough ,so if we have brought in a younger version of Warnock it might be clever or a risk ,as you say the squad is decent its lost its structure and focus and a tweak or two might by Harris may be whats needed .

Charlton as his first game maybe a nice start followed by Stoke whose manager is partly still with NI ,which is not perfect, if we get a early run going who knows ??