+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coaching Team

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coaching Team

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I know James Rowberry is a highly regarded young coach, and I'm glad we have kept Andy Dibble to sort out Ethereidge's kicking.
    IMHO the best way to sort out Etheridge’s kicking is to replace it with Smithies kicking. I always wondered whether NW genuinely rated NE over AS in goal or whether, for some reason, he had taken against AS thus relegating him to second choice. NW had a bit of a reputation for taking against players. It will be interesting to see if our new manager develops a preference for a goal keeper that is different to his predecessor. I am sure he will want to make up his own mind rather than accept perceived wisdom.

Re: Coaching Team

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    IMHO the best way to sort out Etheridge’s kicking is to replace it with Smithies kicking. I always wondered whether NW genuinely rated NE over AS in goal or whether, for some reason, he had taken against AS thus relegating him to second choice. NW had a bit of a reputation for taking against players. It will be interesting to see if our new manager develops a preference for a goal keeper that is different to his predecessor. I am sure he will want to make up his own mind rather than accept perceived wisdom.
    I heard that about NW too, he seems to have his favourites and his out of favour players. Forced to play Tomlin because he had to. Nobody liked him (NW) before he came here , and I for one am glad he's gone. Can't doubt his commitment but I was sick of the post match interviews, the abuse and moaning about referees, and nothing was his fault. But everything good he took the credit for....