+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Coaching Team

  1. #1
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,281

    Coaching Team

    Reports so far say Neil Harris and David Livermore in; Neil Warnock, Ronnie Jepson and Kevin Blackwell out. 3 out; 2 in.

    Andy Dibble and James Rowberry stay.

    Can we expect another name to join the coaching team - one that might signal a change in direction from what we think we saw with Harris at Millwall? Someone to temper the negative fan reaction to the main deal?

    If a Director of Football (or Technical Director) emerges - after the manager has been put in place - I will be even less impressed than now with the thinking on the Board. If the Board/Dalman thought a DOF was the right way to go it surely made sense to do that first, even if it meant Sol was temporary boss for a few weeks?

  2. #2

    Re: Coaching Team

    I've heard strong rumours that Big Ron might be tempted out of retirement as director of football and former Wales and Lions place kicker Phil Bennet is coming in to develop the ability to get the ball higher and further from one penalty area to the other with reliable consistency. There's also going to be a specific long throw coach brought in but he hasn't been named yet

  3. #3

    Re: Coaching Team

    I’ve also heard that these are on the shopping list...

    https://www.checkfrank.co.uk/ulgersm...iABEgIJLfD_BwE

  4. #4

    Re: Coaching Team

    I know James Rowberry is a highly regarded young coach, and I'm glad we have kept Andy Dibble to sort out Ethereidge's kicking.

  5. #5

    Re: Coaching Team

    I thought James Rowberry was promoted to first team coach when Harris was appointed.

  6. #6

    Re: Coaching Team

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I know James Rowberry is a highly regarded young coach, and I'm glad we have kept Andy Dibble to sort out Ethereidge's kicking.
    IMHO the best way to sort out Etheridge’s kicking is to replace it with Smithies kicking. I always wondered whether NW genuinely rated NE over AS in goal or whether, for some reason, he had taken against AS thus relegating him to second choice. NW had a bit of a reputation for taking against players. It will be interesting to see if our new manager develops a preference for a goal keeper that is different to his predecessor. I am sure he will want to make up his own mind rather than accept perceived wisdom.

  7. #7

    Re: Coaching Team

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I thought James Rowberry was promoted to first team coach when Harris was appointed.
    That appeared in one of Wales Online's early reports of Harris having signed

  8. #8

    Re: Coaching Team

    I think we're very lucky to have two such good keepers. Either can play but I think Etheridge is definitely the better

  9. #9

    Re: Coaching Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    IMHO the best way to sort out Etheridge’s kicking is to replace it with Smithies kicking. I always wondered whether NW genuinely rated NE over AS in goal or whether, for some reason, he had taken against AS thus relegating him to second choice. NW had a bit of a reputation for taking against players. It will be interesting to see if our new manager develops a preference for a goal keeper that is different to his predecessor. I am sure he will want to make up his own mind rather than accept perceived wisdom.
    I heard that about NW too, he seems to have his favourites and his out of favour players. Forced to play Tomlin because he had to. Nobody liked him (NW) before he came here , and I for one am glad he's gone. Can't doubt his commitment but I was sick of the post match interviews, the abuse and moaning about referees, and nothing was his fault. But everything good he took the credit for....

  10. #10

    Re: Coaching Team

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think we're very lucky to have two such good keepers. Either can play but I think Etheridge is definitely the better
    I agree we are fortunate to have both.
    I have some sympathy for Smithies, he was doing nothing wrong but NW was looking for an opportunity to get Etheridge back into the first team

  11. #11

    Re: Coaching Team

    I wonder if Glyn Chamberlain, recruited by Neil Warnock because he was an old friend of his, get to stay on as Chief Scout and Head of Recruitment given his role in Warnock’s disastrous transfer record.

  12. #12

    Re: Coaching Team

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I agree we are fortunate to have both.
    I have some sympathy for Smithies, he was doing nothing wrong but NW was looking for an opportunity to get Etheridge back into the first team
    In my opinion, Etheridge hasn't looked quite the same since his injury.

  13. #13

    Re: Coaching Team

    I think that Etheridge will be dropped to the bench in favour of Smithies.
    Based on absolutely nothing I just have a feeling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •