Excited?

A privilege to be here. A great opportunity. I left Millwall seven weeks ago and recharged the batteries. This is a wonderful job to come into, following Neil who did a fantastic job here. I’ve got a wonderful group of players who have achieved individually and collectively

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-17272116

Interview process

Whirlwind. Meetings, meeting Ken, talking to Vincent on the phone. It’s been a whirlwind 48 hours rather than five or six days. Really positive. There’s some good people.

Football principles on and off the field?

Off the field is to manage with humility. When I went to Millwall in my first job, I had to build relations between the terraces and the football pitch, academy and the first team and try to bring it all together. There’s been a wonderful recent history at this club, for everybody. So I will bring humility to the club, huge energy and excitement about the group. Principles on the pitch, to be the manager the same way I played. Wholehearted, aggressive, passing the ball, getting it forward the right times. Working with a group of players who have been recruited previously, it’s not a revolution overnight. We want to be an aggressive team.

Club needed a different set of principles?

I’m a different person to Neil, younger and a different way of working. Different schedule and training methods, so the players will have to get on board with that quickly. On the pitch, you have to work with the players you’ve got at your disposal straight away and guide them. You can’t go from being Millwall, Cardiff City to Manchester City overnight. I want to maximise a good group of players.