Hesitation bringing David Livermore?

No, he is a wonderful guy and a fantastic coach, we work well together. Andy Dibble stays as goalkeeping coach. I look forward to working with the staff.

Chats with Vincent Tan?

Vincent wants to be successful. He’s been very positive with me and I look forward to trying to repay the favour. There’s lots of ways to improve the club, results first and foremost. There’s lots to build on at this club. The academy, I want to work close with the academy. You look at the squad and I certainly want to build that relationship with the academy. Some plans moving forward with the club to progress that and produce a pathway to come through.

Excited?

I hope it comes across like I am. I have huge energy. It’s a wonderful club. I’ve loved every time I’ve played at Cardiff City. I like to win and that’s important to me.

Warnock input?

I don’t think so. You’d have to ask Ken (Choo) or the board about that. I’ve had a very good relationship with Neil and he sent me a wonderful text on the weekend and I’ll speak to him soon. He wished me all the best and that we’d have to have a chat. Shows the quality of the man.

Time on your side, assurances?

I’m here to win games of football. Results dictate longevity in football management. The board want to be successful. I want to climb the table as quickly as possible.