Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
Cardiff’s use of academy players is extremely poor and they end up plying their trade elsewhere like Regan Poole who was bought by Man Utd and captained their U23’s (currently with MK Dons) and Rabbi Matondo - bit of a different story there - Man City came calling and we couldn’t match the money offered- he was sold to Schalke for a ten million pound profit 💴
Rollin Menayese who is still only 21 was only offered a six month deal after his two year scholarship- he was the biggest centre half I’ve seen for a long time that could actually dribble out of defence with confidence and pass a ball.
He’s actually on BT Sport tonight playing for Bristol Rovers if you fancy flicking back and for the Wales game.
Point I’m making is we buy players in frustratingly instead of using the players we’ve nurtured ourselves 😟😟
I don’t think any of those are good examples, Rolin and Reegan haven’t done anything to suggest we should have kept them (apart from a potential fee from United for Regan I guess). Semi Ayjai is a perfect example of the clubs poor youth culture.

Sure he didn’t come from the academy, but he needed game time and we failed to give it to him. In the same summer we spend £6m on Flint, Semi goes to West Brom for cheaper and now is a regular starter for the side top of the division.