+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Depressing. Reading the Millwall forum.

Depressing. Reading the Millwall forum.

Sounds like we have managed to get ourselves a worse version of Warnock! How the hell did the board agree to this rubbish. It will not end well. Idiots.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball...ff-boss.39343/

Re: Depressing. Reading the Millwall forum.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Sounds like we have managed to get ourselves a worse version of Warnock! How the hell did the board agree to this rubbish. It will not end well. Idiots.

Anyone from the Millwall forum reading this board would think the same thing about the hysterical reaction to Neil Harris’s appointment - Idiots.

Depressing what one if them said about the possession stats - around 30%.
    Sound familiar? Zzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post

“ Has to have the most deceptive CV in football...

Finished in the Play-Offs and no where near automatic promotion in League One despite having Morison and Gregory up front. That takes some doing!

Those cup runs, the fans played a big part in those. Unlikely to have won any of those ties if they were away from The Den and we had to rely solely on Harris and his tactics!

And the only time we went on an exciting winning run in the entire time Harris was here it just happened to coincide with Tim Cahill being in and around the changing room.

I do wish him well, as he is a decent bloke. I’m just glad that he’s gone back to being a Millwall legend and that’s it. And I really don’t want to see him hounded by a load of deluded sheep botherers.”

“I was going to say, most have forgotten what a hash we made of that second season in League One under Harris.

I can accept he had to rebuild and shift the deadwood after relegation that first season down and to be fair he did a decent job getting us into 4th and a play-off final.

But for me, the real cracks began to show the following season. He was given the second best wage budget in the division and had Gregory and Morison up front. Yet we huffed and puffed our way through that season. Resulting in having to rely on others to scrape into 6th place by the skin of our teeth.

I have mentioned before that Oxford United game when we could have regained the initiative that season and Harris’ caution in opting ‘not to lose’ saw us well beaten 3-0 at The Den.

I am certain that without Morison and Gregory we would have finished around 10th that season playing Harris’ cautious, safety first football. And I’m sure we would have gone up automatically if Chris Wilder had been our manager with Morison and Gregory up top.

Perhaps that thrashing by Barnsley in the Play-Off final made him cautious forever more?“

So he had a big budget in league 1 with 2 decent strikers and STILL went safety first, so it’s not just his tactic to keep them in the championship he played that way lower down too

Those cup runs, the fans played a big part in those. Unlikely to have won any of those ties if they were away from The Den and we had to rely solely on Harris and his tactics!
    Football fans are such gimps aren't they.

There's going to be real feasts of entertainment down the CCS from here on in. I think I'd better bring lots of flasks of coffee to keep me awake

Owain_Elias_Real_Wall - Poncing off our league. They should be in league Plaid Cymru. Should be ashamed of himself taking a job there. It’s cultural misappropriation for wages, shocking.
    Bet there are some on here who will be cheering Cardiff on!
    Not the Millwall I knew.

kevrelles - Along with Swansea and Wrexham and Newport. Should be booted out of English football

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball...manager.39355/

Why would you trust these peoples opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Exactly

The only reasonable posts were like this

A lot I think will depend on how NH sees Cardiff so called way. It was he’s hang up on what he thought made the Millwall way that lend to he’s down fall with us.

if he goes in and plays expansive football like with did in pre season against Real Sociedad, then there’s no reason he can’t be a success. He will have bigger budget, great scouting and currently a better team of better players than he left.

NH seems to be very well liked within the world of football and people within football seem to think he done a great job with us. Which leads me to think that either the restrictions on him in resent years maybe financially have been a lot larger than we given him credit for.

I still think he done a good job with us, considering it was he’s first managers role. I am of the opinion it was the right time for him to go but I think all talk of him being useless is unfair. Brendan Rodgers, Dyce both had soggy spells early on. He’s still got plenty time to improve as a manager.

I must be missing something but I don’t think NH ending was to dissimilar to that of KJ. Only the level abuse being aimed towards NH and he’s family.

football was not to dissimilar, KJ never gave youth a chance, nearly went down and was on a downward curve. Only difference being after he went the job went to lomas which should never have happened. We have someone with championship experience. Tried the football route with IH.

honestly can’t understand hostility towards NH and the lack of credit he got for the job he did. Everything ends at some point, because it goes bad or goes so well people leave for better opportunities but we seem to lay wake to the previous successes in the immediate aftermath.

I'm happy to give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Exactly

A lot I think will depend on how NH sees Cardiff so called way. It was he’s hang up on what he thought made the Millwall way that lend to he’s down fall with us.

if he goes in and plays expansive football like with did in pre season against Real Sociedad, then there’s no reason he can’t be a success. He will have bigger budget, great scouting and currently a better team of better players than he left.

NH seems to be very well liked within the world of football and people within football seem to think he done a great job with us. Which leads me to think that either the restrictions on him in resent years maybe financially have been a lot larger than we given him credit for.

I still think he done a good job with us, considering it was he’s first managers role. I am of the opinion it was the right time for him to go but I think all talk of him being useless is unfair. Brendan Rodgers, Dyce both had soggy spells early on. He’s still got plenty time to improve as a manager.

I must be missing something but I don’t think NH ending was to dissimilar to that of KJ. Only the level abuse being aimed towards NH and he’s family.

football was not to dissimilar, KJ never gave youth a chance, nearly went down and was on a downward curve. Only difference being after he went the job went to lomas which should never have happened. We have someone with championship experience. Tried the football route with IH.

honestly can’t understand hostility towards NH and the lack of credit he got for the job he did. Everything ends at some point, because it goes bad or goes so well people leave for better opportunities but we seem to lay wake to the previous successes in the immediate aftermath.

I hope that is all true but you chose the only supportive post in a 3 page thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Owain_Elias_Real_Wall - Poncing off our league. They should be in league Plaid Cymru. Should be ashamed of himself taking a job there. It’s cultural misappropriation for wages, shocking.
    Bet there are some on here who will be cheering Cardiff on!
    Not the Millwall I knew.

kevrelles - Along with Swansea and Wrexham and Newport. Should be booted out of English football

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball...manager.39355/

Says a man named Owain. I'm sure the irony eludes him.

Exactly

For me, the question has to be, a) where did Millwall finish last season, and b) what was their record this season before NH left them?

The answers are a) 21st (4 points off the drop) and b) winless in 7 league games, and 5 points off the drop.

Not encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    For me, the question has to be, a) where did Millwall finish last season, and b) what was their record this season before NH left them?

The answers are a) 21st (4 points off the drop) and b) winless in 7 league games, and 5 points off the drop.

Not encouraging.
    I just don’t see an angle where this selection makes sense. Where is the club aiming to go with this? Wherever it is, it’s either depressingly unambitious or deluded.

Not encouraging.
    But wasn't that with one of the worst squads in the league?

One of the biggest wage budgets and 2 quality league 1 strikers and they scraped 6th and played with a small team mentality of not getting beat before attempting anything else...

I don't know what their transfer budget was, but he was manager for 4 seasons I think, so it was HIS squad. Maybe he'll do better with one of the best squads in the league? (That's us obviously).

I don't know what their transfer budget was, but he was manager for 4 seasons I think, so it was HIS squad. Maybe he'll do better with one of the best squads in the league? (That's us obviously).
    Dont see the relevance with him working with any best squad in the league. Not going to happen anytime soon..

Beside that. Everything about Millwall is depressing, why should their form be any different?