+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CHARLTON 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Lockyer was 16 and Oshilaja showed nothing to suggest he would reach this level. He’s only improved since he played regular games at a lower level.
    Just pointing out some of the strange decisions that the club have made over time, Oshilaja was playing League 1 football at 22, so its hardly impossible to see him making the step up as he has

Lockyer on the other hand was released for being "too small" and is now a full international heading to a major tournament. Considering how long we kept some players on for its bizarre that Lockyer was released at 16

I hope Murphy is reborn under Harris cause I’d gladly take never seeing NML start for us again

Second Charlton goal a sucker punch.

Would that have happened under Warlock?

Our players don't look like they want the ball now. This is a big concern.

This team just does not work

Bear in mind this is a Charlton side ravaged by injuries and without a win in their last 4 games , yet when they break our back 4 make them look like world beaters!

HT 2 - 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Second Charlton goal a sucker punch.

Would that have happened under Warlock?
    Probably, we haven't won away this season

We haven't been awful but there is such a lack of pace through the team that these counter attacks look far more dangerous than they need be. When we get the chance to break its just not at enough speed.

Noticeable thing for me this season is how weak we have become, I remember us physically shrugging players off the ball. This is now happening to us all too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Bear in mind this is a Charlton side ravaged by injuries and without a win in their last 4 games , yet when they break our back 4 make them look like world beaters!
    Yep we're shit.. a different kind of shit today but shit none the less.

No cutting edge in attack. Woeful lack of pace in defence.

Same old, same old.

Lack of pace in midfield and defence our problem. This is no more than an average Charlton side. Relegation now more possible than promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Noticeable thing for me this season is how weak we have become, I remember us physically shrugging players off the ball. This is now happening to us all too often.
    Don’t think the Shit ref is helping that. Every time we challenge it’s a foul, every time they foul us he doesn’t give anything.

This new attractive style is working well isn't it ?
    I'm genuinely sorry to be so sarcastic but I saw this coming with all the naive critisism of Warnockball. I've still got confidence in the new manager and the players , and in time he'll get things going, but I think that's going to take quite a long time.
    Whoever took over there'd have been a slide back during the introduction of a new style , and this is what I was warning of, but it had to happen some time. I tend to think it'll take 18 months but I hope I'm wrong

What does flint think he's supposed to be doing for the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We haven't been awful but there is such a lack of pace through the team that these counter attacks look far more dangerous than they need be. When we get the chance to break its just not at enough speed.

We've lost Bamba, Morrison and Manga - that's going to have a huge effect, especially Bamba's organizing etc., and yes their quick counter attacks are only quick in the sense that we are ponderously slow.

Dire today. Really missing Manga in defence. We are too slow, only have one tactic and fans are, not suprisingly, quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Bruno Manga
    Wouldn’t believe it if you heard the big ginger bloke in the family stand who sat behind me by a few rows, slagged Manga off for breathing

Thank **** I don’t have to listen to him anymore.

I'm surprised at the positiveness of some of the comments above, looks like a Warnock side, plays like a Warnock side & concedes like a Warnock side. Get rid of playing two wingers, Paterson invisible and Hoilett atrocious, hit it 1st time FFS you don't need the first touch.

Middle of the park has a big welcome sign!

Knock it down & rebuild it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Lack of pace in midfield and defence our problem. This is no more than an average Charlton side. Relegation now more possible than promotion.
    Had enough transfer windows to address that too didn’t he “Sir Neil”.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Our players don't look like they want the ball now. This is a big concern.
    I disagree with that....I think they do....! Most of the danger comes down Bennett's flank......Flint not great....BAcuna and Nelson...o-k-a-y......NML...(Despite what I said earlier) is now not effective....Tomlin maybe??? Murphy??? Madine doing not too bad but a bit more physicality would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I'm surprised at the positiveness of some of the comments above, looks like a Warnock side, plays like a Warnock side & concedes like a Warnock side. Get rid of playing two wingers, Paterson invisible and Hoilett atrocious, hit it 1st time FFS you don't need the first touch.

Middle of the park has a big welcome sign!

Knock it down & rebuild it.
    But a Warnock side never knocked it down and rebuilt it.. bit of a contradiction

Charlton, featuring two Cardiff Academy players deemed not good enough and another one who was driven away, way more dynamic than a City side that's spent most of the first half feeling sorry for themselves. We lack pace around most of the pitch and our wingers are underperforming yet again - we're such a soft touch away from home and I see no sign whatsoever of a new manager bounce yet.

Same old City this season...... looking on top whilst not really creating much then give soft goals away , too slow all over park

Watching goals and comments at half time, Nelson/Bennett allow player to get by them, Bacuna not alert enough to danger ......2nd goal , gaping hole through middle , Pack tries to hand player over to non existent defence and too slow to close player down in time causing a deflection that beats Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    What does flint think he's supposed to be doing for the first?
    He likes to block the keeper's view.