+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: WALES 2 - 0 HUNGARY. Qualification confirmed for Euro 2020

Re: FT: WALES 2 - 0 HUNGARY. Qualification confirmed for Euro 2020

What a night!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Gabbidon seriously thinks Joe Allen has been as important as Ramsey then he must be p!ssed. Ramsey looks like what he is a world class player. Different class.
    I thought Allen had a really good game. He has been off colour for ages and was all over the pitch tonight.

Rambo obviously has that next level quality but having Allen and Ethan in front of the back four gives me hope that we would snuff out a good side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I honestly thought he was poor in the 1st half.
    Covered a lot of ground but a lot of missed tackles and miss passes.

Nerves may have got the better of me and maybe I misjudged but that’s how I saw it.

Delighted right now though and props to Giggs who I have also ragged pretty much from his appointment.
    Your mate Giggs has just named Allen as his Man of the Match in his TV interview, mine you he couldn’t stop smiling!

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    You can tell Earnshaw has been living in the US, he's got an American twang to his accent.
    I thought he'd been back to Zambia or lived in South Africa for 20 years. Last time i heard him speak he was proper cardiff. I can't read his tweets anymore having heard it

Despite that madness of the Nations League at the start, I can't help wonder that it was actually a very good idea, or at least we benefited from it. Giggs had time to find his feet and try his ideas in what was a competitive match rather than a glorified friendly as some people saw it. Sure you need Alan Turing to calculate everything, but when he dropped a bollock away to Hungry he could reflect back and maybe had we only played friendlies he might not have had that foresight to change.

fair play to him, hope he sticks around for the world cup show down after 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Your mate Giggs has just named Allen as his Man of the Match in his TV interview, mine you he couldn’t stop smiling!
    Good for him.
    You done?
    Good. Enjoy the night!

That was just brilliant. We were in complete command and everyone played well. The atmosphere was special too.

Well done to Ryan Giggs too. To qualify for a finals at the first attempt is superb. He has made brave calls bringing in the likes of Moore, Morrell and Lockyer but they have all come off especially Moore who gave the side a target man and someone who could bring others into the game with his excellent hold up play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    What’s happened to Ben Woodburn ?
    He's out injured.

Well, I take some of it back Ryan Giggs. A fantastic squad effort to get there from where we were, and tonight really showed how much Ramsey is worth to us. Fully deserved in the end as the table never, ever lies. Fantastic achievement to reach the euros considering the high turnover of young players we've had! Onto the continent next summer, Brooks back and hopefully Allen and Williams back to their best. 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's out injured.
    Also on loan to a league one team. Not really any competition when we have top flight players at the ready, and that's not a dig.

It just feels so right to have a dual-qualified striker who is fairly limited at club level but absolute hero at international level. Tonight was great and really nice quote attributed to Hungary manager too:

"“It was beautiful and emotional from the Wales fans. It was a fantastic atmosphere. Wales absolutely deserved to win.”
    (https://twitter.com/UEFAcomMPitman/s...19682655301632)

However, what I really want to praise is the PA system at the end. When we beat Andorra in the celebration game for 2016 the fans singing was drowned out by a PA system who wanted to do their own thing, tonight the PA system lead but didn't dominate the celebration of the fans. The small things.

Great that Wales have qualified, something to look forward to next summer now.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    You can tell Earnshaw has been living in the US, he's got an American twang to his accent.
    “It’s one zero”

One nil Earnie lad...

For what it's worth Joe Allan was my MoM as well. Rambo was sublime.

I'd like to put out a shout for the unsung heroes, in particular Tom Lockyer and Joe Morrell, others have had plaudits and the Premiership players have a level of expectation built in. These two have stepped up to the plate and looked completely part of the team. Well done & thanks to both.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It just feels so right to have a dual-qualified striker who is fairly limited at club level but absolute hero at international level. Tonight was great and really nice quote attributed to Hungary manager too:

"“It was beautiful and emotional from the Wales fans. It was a fantastic atmosphere. Wales absolutely deserved to win.”

(https://twitter.com/UEFAcomMPitman/s...19682655301632)

However, what I really want to praise is the PA system at the end. When we beat Andorra in the celebration game for 2016 the fans singing was drowned out by a PA system who wanted to do their own thing, tonight the PA system lead but didn't dominate the celebration of the fans. The small things.
    Sincere and genuine appreciation of the night I think, very generous. A Magnificent atmosphere came across totally on TV for me, the most relaxed I have been watching such an important game , I know the Magyars had a few moments of their own but we were never looking as though we would lose it. Very good effort from all and I thought Bale was up for it totally, loved the flag too. What was the official attendance for the game ?