+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Euro play-offs dilute quality of the competition

Euro play-offs dilute quality of the competition

....couldn’t agree more. Scrap ‘em.

Heeeeee heeeee hee

Re: Euro play-offs dilute quality of the competition

On a more serious note, I don't fully understand how one of Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary and Romania will be dropped into play-off with tier three nations (Scotland, Norway, Serbia) and the rest of them will have to beat Iceland or the team that's beaten Iceland to qualify. Or am I reading it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    On a more serious note, I don't fully understand how one of Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary and Romania will be dropped into play-off with tier three nations (Scotland, Norway, Serbia) and the rest of them will have to beat Iceland or the team that's beaten Iceland to qualify. Or am I reading it wrong?
    Those 4 were in tier 3.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Think I know what you mean though, it's something to do with there being 3 spots available in tier 1, only Iceland needing the play offs and there being 3 teams too many from tier 3 needing the play offs. I think, or something like that.

I thought I understood it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Think I know what you mean though, it's something to do with there being 3 spots available in tier 1, only Iceland needing the play offs and there being 3 teams too many from tier 3 needing the play offs. I think, or something like that.

I thought I understood it all before.
    It's beyond hard to fathom.

In the top group of 12? league A. Keep up. We were in league B. All but Iceland qualified.
    So there are not many good teams. Apart from Iceland 😂 in the play offs.
    Some poor shite countries have to play them
    They are having a draw to see which shite country/countries have to play off against Iceland.

One really shite country will qualify which was always planned.

But the middling shite countries are in the winner loses draw to play in the Iceland play off group.

Probably Hungary. I would have liked to go to Iceland. Simples.