+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh Nationalism

Welsh Nationalism

I'm just sitting here in Norfolk watching a Party Political Broadcast by Plaid Cymru !
    Why on earth do they think anyone here wants to see that I wonder, and it's attracted a LOT of piss taking, but it occurs to me that , since I was born in Wales, do they want to say I'm not British ?

It's a ludicrous idea in every way since Wales hasn't got the money, population or anything else to be an independent country. It couldn't defend itself, provide public services or even produce enough food for people who live there, but I wondered how many people here would support the idea.

Re: Welsh Nationalism

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I'm just sitting here in Norfolk watching a Party Political Broadcast by Plaid Cymru !
    Why on earth do they think anyone here wants to see that I wonder, and it's attracted a LOT of piss taking, but it occurs to me that , since I was born in Wales, do they want to say I'm not British ?

It's a ludicrous idea in every way since Wales hasn't got the money, population or anything else to be an independent country. It couldn't defend itself, provide public services or even produce enough food for people who live there, but I wondered how many people here would support the idea.
    Hang on we have Daffodil Hats, Lava Bread, Barry Island ,Caerphilly Cheese and Tom Jones and thousands of public sector workers to kick start the economy once we deliver Brexit for the Welsh voter.

Re: Welsh Nationalism

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

I can’t imagine why a group of people who share a racial or religious identity would want to form their own country. The next thing they would make the majority religion the state religion and reduce minority groups to second class citizens. I don’t think that would be allowed to happen in any country. The condemnation from other countries would be too great. Unless, of course, you had some clever trick to stop the condemnation. That’s the only way you could get away with it.