+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glatzel, The Second Coming

Glatzel, The Second Coming

Alright maybe a little over the top but I honestly think that it will be like seeing another striker if Harris sticks with two up top, a high press and actually encourages passing the ball to the feet of and into the path of the strikers.

We had a few chances Saturday that I think Glatzel would have relished.
    Paterson's chance where he could have got a penalty first half especially.

It is hard enough a striker dealing with and adjusting to the rough and tumble of the British game without Warnock's style playing into the hands of giant centre halves enabling them to kick seven bells out of our strikers while being alone up top with no support.

If we see more of that style of football then I think he could, against all odds, come good.
    Saturday confirmed to me that Bogle and Madine are certainly not the answer.

I would go Glatzel and Ward up top when fit and available.

Re: Glatzel, The Second Coming

Absolutely spot on.

If we play going forward like we did saturday I think Glatzel will get goals, I don't want to be too harsh on him but I don't think Madine will ever get a lot of goals at this level. I think Glatzel looks like he has talent but has had terrible service all season.

I really hope im wrong I think Madine is probably better than him.

Ward is probably our best striker.

We wont play 2 up front anyway.

Think it will be Tomlin behind Madine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I really hope im wrong I think Madine is probably better than him.

Ward is probably our best striker.

We wont play 2 up front anyway.

Think it will be Tomlin behind Madine tomorrow.

I agree with everything and I’ve said similar in another thread, playing the ball to feet will make him look a better player.

Madine is used to having the ball hooded up and he seems better equipped to deal with that sort of play, Glatzel looked better with his old team because they played the ball down.

I am baffled with Warnocks comments on him before he came because Warnocks style and Glatzel are a no go and I don’t need 30 years managerial experience to see that, and can confidently say it even as an armchair manager.

Assuming we are going to play like that from now on, i can see the system benefiting both Glatzel & Ralls. Maybe even Murphy & Vassell too.

I'm fairly surprised we haven't had Glatzel and Madine up front, at least once to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Assuming we are going to play like that from now on, i can see the system benefiting both Glatzel & Ralls. Maybe even Murphy & Vassell too.
    Is Glatzel fit for tomorrow and has Ward served his full suspension ?

I am also wondering if Vassal can be a part of this forward line. He brings a lot of pace where Madine, Patterson and Bogle lack

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post

No and No, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post

I am also wondering if Vassal can be a part of this forward line. He brings a lot of pace where Madine, Patterson and Bogle lack
    Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    No and No, unfortunately.
    Neil Harris gave an update on injuries in his interview with the club website today. Glatzel not ruled out:

“Pato [Callum Paterson] picked up a knock on Saturday. We’ll have to see how he goes, but we’re hopeful; Robert Glatzel is getting closer and we’re hoping he could be available for Tuesday, if not Saturday.

“Gavin Whyte is close but probably not close enough, and we’ll be without Rallsy for a couple of weeks. A few of the lads will play in the 23s today then, including Jazz [Richards], Danny [Ward], Sol [Bamba] and Joe Day to really build their fitness up. Isaac [Vassell] and Matt Connolly are then our two longer-term absentees.”

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Alright maybe a little over the top but I honestly think that it will be like seeing another striker if Harris sticks with two up top, a high press and actually encourages passing the ball to the feet of and into the path of the strikers.

We had a few chances Saturday that I think Glatzel would have relished.
    Paterson's chance where he could have got a penalty first half especially.

It is hard enough a striker dealing with and adjusting to the rough and tumble of the British game without Warnock's style playing into the hands of giant centre halves enabling them to kick seven bells out of our strikers while being alone up top with no support.

If we see more of that style of football then I think he could, against all odds, come good.
    Saturday confirmed to me that Bogle and Madine are certainly not the answer.

I would go Glatzel and Ward up top when fit and available.
    Yes I woudl as well go Glatzel and Ward