+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our problems summed up or nothing to be concerned about it?

Our problems summed up or nothing to be concerned about it?

I've tried to get this to a readable size without success, here's a link which will, hopefully show it.

https://twitter.com/insightMrkt/stat...035136/photo/1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Our problems summed up or nothing to be concerned about it?

A sad but not altogether surprising Stat. NW would much prefer a mature player to taking a risk with a youngster and given the relative success that he had then it is perhaps not surprising. It can only be a short term fix, however, and we are now left with a number of average journeymen type players who we may find difficult to move on.

Could be worse, could be Sheffield Wednesday.

I guess the reaction to stuff like this depends on what you actually want from your football club. I reckon a reasonably large percentage of fans in this day and age don't really care where their players come from or what ages they are as long as they're getting results. For those of us who grew up in an era when local lads were a regular feature of the first team, it's disheartening.

Football in all divisions is littered with managers sacked due to poor results - it’s a result based business!!
    Why would you put your faith in the clubs development system?
    Managers persist with the seasoned professionals at their particular club because they trust them to keep them in their jobs.

In the case of several clubs in particular Chelsea with their transfer ban, they have had to resort to the development players available to them.
    Ethan Ampadu being a fine example for Wales and Mason Mount for England.
    Charlton’s inability to field a squad last Saturday unless they pitched several youngsters in.

With Cardiff and more importantly Vincent Tan’s aspirations- we will see in January with the next transfer window?

Either forced through injuries or lack of investment from Tan - Harris will definitely resort to using players from our development (Academy) squads.
    It was a clear indicator that Harris actually attended the u23’s match against Charlton last Monday and watched the full ninety minutes- to which way he is thinking 💭
    NW on the other hand attended few and far between.
    I for one think there are several young players given the opportunity would outperform and humiliate their first team counterparts!!
    Bring on the youth ⚽️

More teams in the top half of the table are in the bottom half of the giving the 23-and-unders a chance table, though 4 of the bottom 5 are also reluctant to give youth a chance.