+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stoke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stoke

I agree I was amazed by how poor they were given the number of 'names' in their squad. I think part of the problem is the cohesion of the players and the fact that they all seem a bit one paced. Hogan, Gregory, Vokes are forwards you would think would be decent at this level but none are exactly blessed with pace and maybe are a bit too similar? Same goes for the midfield, tidy footballers, but not much drive in them? I don't think they will go down but if they do it won't be much of a shock

Re: Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I agree I was amazed by how poor they were given the number of 'names' in their squad. I think part of the problem is the cohesion of the players and the fact that they all seem a bit one paced. Hogan, Gregory, Vokes are forwards you would think would be decent at this level but none are exactly blessed with pace and maybe are a bit too similar? Same goes for the midfield, tidy footballers, but not much drive in them? I don't think they will go down but if they do it won't be much of a shock
    I agree with you about Stoke's lack of pace. We defended so much better than we did on Saturday and, despite being at home and therefore you would think more open to a counter attack, we did not allow midfield runners to get the wrong side of us, but, as I asked in my blog piece, was our win down to better performances from our defence and midfield (in defensive terms at least) or the fact that we won't face many slower attacks than Stoke's?