+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHS safe in their hands?

Re: NHS safe in their hands?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well I can only report what I've seen.
    I'm not fond of relying too much on statistics because people can present them in any way they like. All I can say is that they seem very on top of things and the NHS don't .
    It occurred to me that if you split the NHS up it might be manageable , and if patients had the choice of which one to use perhaps they'd start exhibiting a bit of compassion and humanity.
    I’ve got friends who work in the NHS. I’ve also got a sick relative being treated magnificently at the University Hospital Of Wales.

With regards to your comment about exhibiting compassion and humanity with all due respect you’re talking out of your arse.

Actually I will change that, I don’t mean any due respect.

When my Dad was dying of cancer in 2017 he was treated brilliantly by the NHS in two hospitals, at his GP and through home care services. My Mam has fallen eight times this year (at home and on the street) and the NHS has been brilliant in looking after her at her GP, at home and in A&E. True A&E is often overstretched and can seem slow at peak times, but the care they gave was excellent.

There are investment needs in the NHS, bits of it have been privatised on the quiet, and like every organisation can always improve, but in my experience it is still what we should be proudest of in this country.

And what it does have is compassion and humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well I can only report what I've seen.
    I'm not fond of relying too much on statistics because people can present them in any way they like. All I can say is that they seem very on top of things and the NHS don't .
    It occurred to me that if you split the NHS up it might be manageable , and if patients had the choice of which one to use perhaps they'd start exhibiting a bit of compassion and humanity.
    You think people can't present anecdotal evidence in 'any way they like'?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Can you imagine what it's gonna be like on here when the alt-right squad led by our resident troll as cheerleader get their heartfelt wish and their beloved Tories get a thumping majority! Unfundible? It'll be bloody unbearable!!!

I think what most people want is to be allowed to get on with their lives without being dragged into extreme political schemes which intrude into their affairs and demand attention to the egos of politicians. Obviously the majority of people also want to leave the EU too because they voted for that, and they're tired of listening to excuses and blockages after three years.
    If that's being "alt right", so be it, but it includes a lot of labour voters too.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but it seems to me that this little gang of bullies who can't say anything without name calling and don't think people should apologise for anti semitism are the extremists here.

Now, let me say something about Dorcas. I think he's a worrying and troubled individual who tries to find out people's names and addresses - if I were a vulnerable person I'd be more concerned with his antics actually. What I will say is that's it's not normal and I've never come across it before except in criminal cases. It crosses a lot of lines.
    I've never put anyone on ignore before , because I consider that a bit childish and it defeats the object of discussion if you " put your fingers in your ears" when people disagree with you. I'm going to put Dorcas on ignore though, and hope this will be enough to discourage the stalking. I'm not sure it will, but I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You think people can't present anecdotal evidence in 'any way they like'?
    Yeah of course they can Eric, but I'm not on some mission to enrich Big Pharma or bugger up the NHS. I'm just telling you my own experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I’ve got friends who work in the NHS. I’ve also got a sick relative being treated magnificently at the University Hospital Of Wales.

With regards to your comment about exhibiting compassion and humanity with all due respect you’re talking out of your arse.

Actually I will change that, I don’t mean any due respect.

No idea why you need to add that bit at the end. It's childish really.
    I'm glad that your relative is getting good treatment , but I'm afraid there are many many examples of horrifying mistreatment and abuse in the NHS too. I think the events at the Worcester maternity unit are the latest, but there are far too many of them.

I'm not going to start listing the horrible cases which are now ten a penny , but surely you can see that there's a problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    When my Dad was dying of cancer in 2017 he was treated brilliantly by the NHS in two hospitals, at his GP and through home care services. My Mam has fallen eight times this year (at home and on the street) and the NHS has been brilliant in looking after her at her GP, at home and in A&E. True A&E is often overstretched and can seem slow at peak times, but the care they gave was excellent.

There are investment needs in the NHS, bits of it have been privatised on the quiet, and like every organisation can always improve, but in my experience it is still what we should be proudest of in this country.

And what it does have is compassion and humanity.

I cannot make any argumentative point when you've raised such distressing events for you and your family Jon. I merely express my kindest hopes that you will find your way through it all and I have prayed that you will.