+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hillsborough Police Chief Verdict

Re: Hillsborough Police Chief Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What on earth has Heysel got to do with what happened at Hillsborough? Seems to me that you're trying to deflect blame on to the Liverpool fans for what happened in April 1989.

Erecting fences and putting people in pens was a way of dealing with hooliganism in the 70s and 80s and, surely, the lesson of Hillsborough is that it was a failed plan - something had to be done about dealing with hooliganism, but the "answer" the authorities came up with to it caused the death of ninety six innocent people.

I agree that it would be wrong to pin all of the blame for what happened on Duckenfield, but, as you point out, the only person who has been shown to be to blame through the courts for what happened is Sheffield Wednesday's safety officer and then it was for a minor Health and Safety offence.

It is disgraceful that almost thirty one years after the event, there is still no person or party who have been found to be legally responsible for the entirely avoidable deaths of all of those people - I don't blame the families of the dead and the injured for reacting like they did after hearing yesterday's verdict.
    Heysel hasn't anything directly to do with it, but it highlights what hooligans in the 80's were like. Do the Liverpool fans of today give any thought to the poor Juventus fans killed that day. I doubt it very much.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sorry Cardiff City born and bred all my life, and I attend the games.

Sorry i didnt see your prevous questions hence the lack of a response , I tend not to track specific individuals.
    Congratulations for attending Cardiff games. Didn't actually see you denying that you support Man United as well though, which you obviously do.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Heysel hasn't anything directly to do with it, but it highlights what hooligans in the 80's were like. Do the Liverpool fans of today give any thought to the poor Juventus fans killed that day. I doubt it very much.
    Why don’t you go on their twitter page and ask them. I’m sure I’ll thought out opinionated nonsense will get the contempt it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    They certainly did.
    96 of them were killed because of a ****ing incompetent Police Officer
    Look at the cctv footage of the gates that were opened. Liverpool fans were trying to force it open anyway. You think they're totally blameless? Get a grip ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Look at the cctv footage of the gates that were opened. Liverpool fans were trying to force it open anyway. You think they're totally blameless? Get a grip ffs.
    Taylor report said they didn’t
    The inquest said they didn’t
    Duckinfiekd lied
    But ccmb poster who uses basically the Sun sport radio station as his moniker knows better .
    Of course you do!

There were lots of factors involved in Hillsborough but at the very least dukenfield and other officers who altered their logbooks were guilty of perverting the course of justice and should have been charged

The Taylor report summed up the situation pretty well , not the newspapers or ill informed football message boards

My mates family have to look after him day in day out , at the very least some people should have been brought to book over this

Did dukenfield cause the death of these fans by criminal manslaughter ? A jury has decided no ........but he lied about the gates to cover his back and he should face punishment for that

I don't see the point of sending a 75 year old man with a mental illness to prison but community service etc would be something

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    They certainly did.
    96 of them were killed because of a ****ing incompetent Police Officer
    No they weren't, it was a variety of factors which is why it's not just to pin it on one man who was there that day to do his job. He did it very poorly but the decision to open the gates would have been made in an attempt to relieve crushing. In hindsight it was shortsighted and catastrophic without measures to relieve overcrowding in sections of the stand, but I imagine it's the sort of mistake that many others would make under the circumstances. To hold one man criminally liable for the deaths is a very high bar and making a poor decision under high pressure ought not constitute a crime.

Sludge is bang on though, the attempted cover up was borne of intent and not negligence.