+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player recruitment and development

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Player recruitment and development

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let me ask you a question: do you think Cardiff City Football Club has been one that has recruited well and where a good percentage of players have developed significantly during the last decade or so?
    My answer to this would be that we haven't done as well with signing players for little and selling them for lots to bigger clubs (or as well with bringing players through as youngsters) since the days of Ridsdale and Hammam. That's not any agenda against Tan or Dato Chen Ghee. I think that's factually obvious.

Another interesting question might be to ask how many players we've made a profit from in recent seasons. I don't think there's many at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My answer to this would be that we haven't done as well with signing players for little and selling them for lots to bigger clubs (or as well with bringing players through as youngsters) since the days of Ridsdale and Hammam. That's not any agenda against Tan or Dato Chen Ghee. I think that's factually obvious.

Another interesting question might be to ask how many players we've made a profit from in recent seasons. I don't think there's many at all.
    You could put Ridsdale, Hammam and Warnock in the same bracket of individuals who were operating for their own self gain and not the good of the football club.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You could put Ridsdale, Hammam and Warnock in the same bracket of individuals who were operating for their own self gain and not the good of the football club.
    Indeed. That has nothing to do with the subject being mentioned but you're spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. That has nothing to do with the subject being mentioned but you're spot on.
    In Warnocks case it has everything to do with the subject.