+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player recruitment and development

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Player recruitment and development

I wondered what had happened to Mats Daehli, as he was supposed to be the next Messi while he was here. Turns out he's with St Pauli in the German second division. They're in the bottom half of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wondered what had happened to Mats Daehli, as he was supposed to be the next Messi while he was here. Turns out he's with St Pauli in the German second division. They're in the bottom half of the table.
    It's quite interesting looking at his stats. I'm aware that he's had injury problems, but he's made 12 appearances for Norway in 5 years. In a poor 2nd tier German team, he's been substituted in almost half of his starts. Perhaps we can swap him for Tomlin....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He wasn't very good for us. Alot of our fans get a bit excited when a player arrives who has the ability to look up and make a pass and maybe move into space, that's not alot to ask of a player so that probably tells us all we need to know in terms of of the club developing players, especially those that can play. It's evident that City fans are prepared to let other important aspects of the game that make a good player fall by the wayside, you can't really blame them (us) because lets be honest, we don't develop players or produce well rounded footballers as is evident with the Tomlin situation, his lifestyle and attitude has cheated fans of all of the clubs he has played at while earning a very good living, yet he seems very popular because he has ability on the ball. That's evidence enough for me to say that we don't produce or develop players.