Incident on London Bridge.

Re: Incident on London Bridge.

Some disturbing videos going round of the actual shooting

Unbelievable it's happened again

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    They shot the terrorist. That's not a member of the public. Not sure if that helps.

London has its faults but it's a resilient city. I'm less than a mile from there and you'd never know anything had happened. Which isn't to say it wasn't a terrible event, but people really do just carry on.

Great shot thanks officer.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Unbelievable it's happened again
    Election time as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    They shot the terrorist. That's not a member of the public. Not sure if that helps.

London has its faults but it's a resilient city. I'm less than a mile from there and you'd never know anything had happened. Which isn't to say it wasn't a terrible event, but people really do just carry on.
    Where did I say it was a member of the public? Read what I said again.

The video I saw I didnt expect and was quite shocked at a guy being dragged off another guy and one being shot twice

Where did I say it was a member of the public? Read what I said again.
    I did and I'm not suggesting that you said it was a member of the public. Just saying that watching a terrorist get shot is, for some, less disturbing than a civilian. I personally have no issue in summary executions of terrorists so for me, it's fine. I appreciate that others may feel differently and find it disturbing but it is not beyond the realms of the possible.tbat someone may have seen the clip and thought it was the attack itself. I'm not saying that you did, which is why I was openly unsure about the impact that fact might have on anyone who didn't already know it.

The people who fought him deserve so much praise most would be on their toes.Well done to them and the police for such quick action.

Video of the incident is here https://twitter.com/HLOBlog/status/1200424529664847877 including the shooting. Viewer discretion is advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Video of the incident is here https://twitter.com/HLOBlog/status/1200424529664847877 including the shooting. Viewer discretion is advised.
    That bloke with the big knife, just walking away. He was taking a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    That bloke with the big knife, just walking away. He was taking a chance!
    Possibly, should have just thrown it.....

Not long back from London at an event inside Parliament. Left parliament just before 2.00pm. There was a small climate strike protest outside. Not much happening then my daughter rang with the "Are you OK?" call. Followed by unmarked police cars heading up a closed off Whitehall at speed. In reality down by parliament life carried on much as normal. Just goes to show how quick social media is at spreading news. Thankfully there were plenty of armed officers around Parliament. It's very sad that people take it upon themselves to set out to murder and maim. Thank goodness the target wasn't parliament and the well-meaning climate strike school pupils outside...or those debating sustainability issues inside. The death toll could have been much higher. RIP the innocent victims. My thoughts are with their friends and families.

he managed to chuck what looks like a huge bag of coke but kept hold of the knife

Quote Originally Posted by Philo2 View Post
    he managed to chuck what looks like a huge bag of coke but kept hold of the knife
    People on social media are saying it was a tissue, but it did look a little heavy to be tissue

Came across a post on Twitter about this, they froze the screen and zoomed in, the white ‘package’ had a very similar pattern to a McDonald’s double cheeseburger.

could well be, bit risky running around in that situation with a big knife and chucking white packages about though, either way the shock probably meant he wasn't thinking straight.

could well be, bit risky running around in that situation with a big knife and chucking white packages about though, either way the shock probably meant he wasn't thinking straight.
    That's how I see it too. Fella probably did something heroic here, but mind is all over the place. God knows what any of us would be thinking.

Bizarre that anyone's first thought would be that it is a bag of coke. Although I don't think there is a mcdonalds near there. There is one at Liv st station (5-10min walk) and one at London bridge station (5 mins at least from that side of the bridge). So if it's a burger, why is it still in his pocket? Either way: 99.9% this is just a normal man in an extraordinary situation doing something a bit odd but entirely banal whilst at the same time doing something extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I did and I'm not suggesting that you said it was a member of the public. Just saying that watching a terrorist get shot is, for some, less disturbing than a civilian. I personally have no issue in summary executions of terrorists so for me, it's fine. I appreciate that others may feel differently and find it disturbing but it is not beyond the realms of the possible.tbat someone may have seen the clip and thought it was the attack itself. I'm not saying that you did, which is why I was openly unsure about the impact that fact might have on anyone who didn't already know it.
    Now just burn his body and check what remains in a cess pit, or just give to the pigs.

Why would you chuck a burger in that situation? I'd be reliant on a bit of comfort food after such a shitstorm...

Massive respect to the people who tackled him to the ground, the must have big kahuna's

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Massive respect to the people who tackled him to the ground, the must have big kahuna's
    I think you mean cojones.

Jesus, bloke gets involved with wrestling a knife away from a crazy murderous bastard and people are debating whether or not he was shifting a bag of ching. There's some serious shithousery happening on social media. Consequences for this bloke are huge.

Let's not lose sight of what a caring society we are - to allow a guy imprisoned in 2012 for terrorist offences to freely walk the streets of London.