+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Terrorists should 'not necessarily' serve full jail term, says Jeremy Corbyn

Heisenberg

Terrorists should 'not necessarily' serve full jail term, says Jeremy Corbyn

https://news.sky.com/story/corbyn-an...iller-11875070

Yes they should... They're convicted terrorists. Unless there's evidence uncovered of their innocence, there's no excuse for them not serving their whole sentence.

Re: Terrorists should 'not necessarily' serve full jail term, says Jeremy Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Yes they should... They're convicted terrorists. Unless there's evidence uncovered of their innocence, there's no excuse for them not serving their whole sentence.
    Agree with you on this one. JC has got this all wrong IMHO

Re: Terrorists should 'not necessarily' serve full jail term, says Jeremy Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Agree with you on this one. JC has got this all wrong IMHO
    He is an arsehole

I knew Corbyn was going to trip himself up sooner or later over this issue, he can't help himself.

If Labour fail to impress at the election then poor old Jeremy (there, I've said it, not "Corbyn") will be rapidly replaced as leader. The Guardian journalist (Helen Pidd?) on the Andrew Marr programme this morning (so hardly a right-winger) said she has been out and about on the doorsteps in the north of England and she estimated that 50% of people who said they would normally vote Labour will not do so because of him. He is a liability and has been so for some time, but the party is too embarrassed to do anything about it because of the large "grass roots support" (i.e. mostly youngsters who have no memory of the 1970's), and in any case, has left it too late to change leader.

We have become too Liberal , these people want to kill us and our families .

Politicians are sacred stiff to impose hard conditions and sentences .

Your highly likely to rehabilitate a radical mind.

They need 25 year plus sentences , no parole , kept in isolation , no ability to mix with others to avoid radicalization .

To think we have allowed forms of radical sharia law into British prisons is disgusting .

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I agree that terrorists are a separate category, but similar questions come up for all violent criminals (especially murderers and rapists) and where there is a possibility of licence/parole before the full term is served. The criminal justice system is a mess and I want it to be better at keeping dangerous people off the streets, and better at turning dangerous people into non-dangerous people through effective rehabilitation. Whatever the system there has to be a decision made (even if a full term is served) - is this person safe to be released? If in doubt they have to stay locked up.

I'm still trying to understand how the release of this murderer was Labour's 'fault' after almost 10 years of Tory and Tory/LibDem Coalition governments. If the Opposition really is in charge and the government is powerless I might manage to be a bit more relaxed about the election. Although I suppose it has handed the press two or three days of deflection headlines - which is not clever from Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree that terrorists are a separate category, but similar questions come up for all violent criminals (especially murderers and rapists) and where there is a possibility of licence/parole before the full term is served. The criminal justice system is a mess and I want it to be better at keeping dangerous people off the streets, and better at turning dangerous people into non-dangerous people through effective rehabilitation. Whatever the system there has to be a decision made (even if a full term is served) - is this person safe to be released? If in doubt they have to stay locked up.

I'm still trying to understand how the release of this murderer was Labour's 'fault' after almost 10 years of Tory and Tory/LibDem Coalition governments. If the Opposition really is in charge and the government is powerless I might manage to be a bit more relaxed about the election. Although I suppose it has handed the press two or three days of deflection headlines - which is not clever from Corbyn.
    Nothing Mr Corbyn does is clever.

The Secret Barrister blog on this is worth a read:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2019/...early-release/

Life has to mean life in such cases. It's just a pity that it will cost £hundreds of thousands to keep such people in jail for possibly 50 or 60 years. At least in the latest case that will not be necessary. As usual what a completely pointless act by that guy, as we have seen before. I presume his God is pleased with him.

The Secret Barrister blog on this is worth a read:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2019/...early-release/
    who is he

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Life has to mean life in such cases. It's just a pity that it will cost £hundreds of thousands to keep such people in jail for possibly 50 or 60 years. At least in the latest case that will not be necessary. As usual what a completely pointless act by that guy, as we have seen before. I presume his God is pleased with him.
    My god is very unhappy that two gifted ,loved and caring people have been lost for simplify trying to help him and his kind .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    who is he
    The Secret Barrister.

the secret barrister.jpg

The Secret Barrister.

the secret barrister.jpg
    Good read .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your point?

Your point?
    I dont agree with the lady.