+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wrexham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Eric the Half Bee.....I take my hat off to you......If i see your post I read it....How do you get the time for such statistics???!!
    Strangely enough...I never made a game at Wrexham...despite going to such exotic places as Halifax midweek (probably the most god forsaken place I have ever been....). I wish them well. I also don't really understand the animosity for Newport. In my mis-spent youth (around early sixties).....I supported City home and away when possible....But then on alternate Saturdays it was down to Somerton PArk....and in the summer...Glamorgan CCC. Ah...those were the days....
    You were lucky to have been born in the era you were. Life must have been so much simpler then, and I dare say, more enjoyable?

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You were lucky to have been born in the era you were. Life must have been so much simpler then, and I dare say, more enjoyable?
    Yes.....life was much less complicated (and enjoyable...no PC ) then.....I used to get the 1am train back from London games.....sometimes go for a fry-up in the British Rail canteen.....sometimes maybe on to a club down the docks before catching the milk train at 5am back to Porth.....I remember one time down the Docks...The Ship and Pilot.....sitting on a bench with sawdust floors....next to a black girl......Nina Simone on the jukebox....."I ain't got no Life...."...and she says to me......"They just don't understand do they....".

..ah..the memories of youth.....