+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 49

Thread: Clubs you can't stand

  1. #1

    Clubs you can't stand

    I find it quite fascinating how some City fans end up having a strong dislike for some teams. Swansea, Bristol City and Rovers, Newport, Leeds I can understand. Successful clubs also attract dislike - I remember detesting Man Utd when Fergie was there.

    But, beyond that, does anyone have a team they can't stand beyond that?

  2. #2

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    United , Liverpool , Chelsea , arsenal , spurs , Leeds , Swansea , Bristol city , wolves , Aston villa , QPR , Exeter city

  3. #3

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Forest, Celtic, Birmingham, Villa, Wolves, QPR, Leeds, Jacks, Newport, Bristol City, Portsmouth, Southampton, Palace and Stoke

  4. #4

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Not necessarily in any order.. Newport.

  5. #5

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Stoke in the early 2000s? Wolves? Remember disliking Sheffield United around a decade ago too... Canít say Iím that bothered about many now from a city perspective.

    This season made me realise Iím just not arsed about the jacks - didnít watch the city during the rebrand so hadnít seen us play them for 8 years, when it came round again this season it didnít feel like much of a derby to me anymore.

    Still have a dislike of the wurzels though from the Scott Murray era.

  6. #6
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,109

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Leeds, Swansea, Bristol City, Chelsea, AC Milan, Real Madrid.

  7. #7
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,293

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Stoke due to the Ramsey incident

    Rangers

  8. #8

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Hereford united after nearly getting a leathering there in 1990

    I was living in Oxford and the train home wasn't due till seven pm

    Hereford had a huge mob of big eared farmer boys out for us that day and chased us all the way back to the station

    Me and two aberdare boys spent an hour hiding in the garden centre opposite the train station pretending to be shoppers as the tractor drivers sniffed welsh blood

  9. #9

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hereford united after nearly getting a leathering there in 1990

    I was living in Oxford and the train home wasn't due till seven pm

    Hereford had a huge mob of big eared farmer boys out for us that day and chased us all the way back to the station

    Me and two aberdare boys spent an hour hiding in the garden centre opposite the train station pretending to be shoppers as the tractor drivers sniffed welsh blood
    Is that garden centre still in operation? Look at what happened to Mothercare.....

  10. #10

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that garden centre still in operation? Look at what happened to Mothercare.....
    I don't know , the last time I went to Hereford I drove a minibus , travelling by train brought back too many bad memories

    Its OK for grown men to hide in toilets

  11. #11

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Dislike?

    ManUre, Arse, Newcastle, Leeds, Wurzles, QPR, Blackpool, Rangers, Real Madrid

  12. #12

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Leeds, Bristol City, Stoke for obvious reasons but a new one is Plymouth Argyle.

    I was at a friends party and turns out his new brides brother was from down that way. As soon as he found out i was "Cardiff" he didn't stop talking football and the more pissed he got the more vocal and abusive he got - to the point of calling me a Welsh C**t and how he hates us all!! Went down a treat, and yes he did have a slap

    So Plymouth Argyle for me just because of this little rat idiot.

  13. #13

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Bristol City, Rangers, West Ham, Millwall, Chelsea, Leeds, Aston Villa and Hearts.

    Newport? That's like disliking Accrington Stanley

  14. #14

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Leeds, Swansea, Newport, Bristol City, Stoke, Villa, Man U, Chelsea, Real, Rangers, Hearts, Milan, Bayern, Blackpool, Milton Keynes, Charlton, West Ham. It changes. I used to hate Arsenal. Don't mind them now.

  15. #15

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bristol City, Rangers, West Ham, Millwall, Chelsea, Leeds, Aston Villa and Hearts.

    Newport? That's like disliking Accrington Stanley
    Not if you had to work there for 13 years.

  16. #16

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Grange Albion

  17. #17

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Liverpool.

  18. #18

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Chelsea, Swansea City, Aston Villa, Southampton, Millwall and for some inexplicable reason, TNS.

  19. #19

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Liverpool and Celtic for the most annoying fans and plastics everywhere and Newportís for being so ugly

  20. #20

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Grange Albion
    Whats your beef?? Up the albions

    Swansea, Bristol City, Real Madrid and Arsenal. Newcastle do my head in and all cos they think they're a bigger club than they are.

  21. #21

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Burnley. Brexit in a football club

  22. #22

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Newport,Jacks,Bristol City and for some strange reason Hull

  23. #23

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Millwall and Leeds.

  24. #24

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Internationally i used to dislike the Scots. I was too young for Anfield in 78 but heard the horror stories from those there.

    First couple of encounters of them really made me dislike them. Worst fans ive ever come across.

    Things seemed to have changed since the 80s though and with Marshall and recently Patterson that dislike has gone.

  25. #25

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Manchester Utd Liverpool , Chelski , Arsenal ,Bristol , Leeds ,Stoke ,Swansea.

    Likes: Spurs, Everton , Leicester , Watford , Palace ,

  26. #26

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Forest, Celtic, Birmingham, Villa, Wolves, QPR, Leeds, Jacks, Newport, Bristol City, Portsmouth, Southampton, Palace and Stoke
    Blackpool, Derby for ****ing me over on bets and your list (minus CP due to my other thread..)

  27. #27

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Celtic

  28. #28

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Whats your beef?? Up the albions

    Swansea, Bristol City, Real Madrid and Arsenal. Newcastle do my head in and all cos they think they're a bigger club than they are.
    Grange Albion in both football & baseball took gamesmanship to new levels.

  29. #29

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Getting to dislike the traditionally working class ‘north of Manchester’ clubs of late. Seems to be hotbeds of right wing numbnuts, their forefathers would be turning in their graves if they knew what the political stance of many in those areas has become.

  30. #30

    Re: Clubs you can't stand

    Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Stoke in the early 2000s? Wolves? Remember disliking Sheffield United around a decade ago too... Canít say Iím that bothered about many now from a city perspective.

    This season made me realise Iím just not arsed about the jacks - didnít watch the city during the rebrand so hadnít seen us play them for 8 years, when it came round again this season it didnít feel like much of a derby to me anymore.

    Still have a dislike of the wurzels though from the Scott Murray era.
    Add Blackpool abs Liverpool to that and I wholeheartedly agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •