+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football has been ruined by the premier league

Re: Football has been ruined by the premier league

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Of course it has something to do with the Premiership , the closer we get to it the bigger its appeal to the fans , which in turn results in higher attendances and revenues .

And there is more trickle down money than ever before , the play off final is reported as one of the richest tournaments in the world (alledgly worth 160 million )

Before the Premiership if you got relegated to division 2 you didn't get anything like the millions you do now .

If we dislike the Premiership so much, why do we support and crave winning and promotion .

Am I missing something?
    Yes you are missing something

Do you think the money from the play off final , which you say is 160 million helps Rochdale or bury ?

You better get in touch with the bury fans whose club is in serious danger , tell them there is loads of money they are entitled to !!!

The parachute payments given to relegated sides from the greedy league are to help them get back up into the greedy league , it doesn't filter into the rest of football , it stays with the relegated clubs

The premier league introduced these payments to try and ensure that the greedy league became a closed shop and heaven forbid a big club was ever relegated , they would soon bounce back as they had the financial clout to out muscle the rest of the championship

It hasn't always happened but generally it does

The greedy league is a nightmare , read David Conn's book , its all in there

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes we all know a few, I got mates who pretend to follow spurs or Liverpool, never been there if course and lots of this type decided to go to France 2016 but never followed welsh club sides. We are def fighting back compared to the 80’s or 90’s when we only had 5000 crowds. If we could get up again and stay there for 5-10 years we’d wipe the disease of South Wales away a bit more.
    They are utter ***** that type , welsh when it suits them , rugby mad on one Saturday , the following week when city are playing they are down the pub in their Liverpool top

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hi mate

That's a school in Cardiff ?

Doesn't seem like much has changed , I went to school in Cardiff for the first two years of secondary school

There were two Cardiff fans in my class
    Things have changed, in my sixth form roughly a quarter of us supported Cardiff

Its unrealistic to expect the entire city to support the club in its current state, just 5 years ago we were a laughing stock, add into that the large amount of people leaving ad coming in (particularly from North Wales and England) who have no ties to the city or the club, then we'll never really get the whole city behind us

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Things have changed, in my sixth form roughly a quarter of us supported Cardiff

Its unrealistic to expect the entire city to support the club in its current state, just 5 years ago we were a laughing stock, add into that the large amount of people leaving ad coming in (particularly from North Wales and England) who have no ties to the city or the club, then we'll never really get the whole city behind us
    People move to cities from other cities all the time , its not just Cardiff that has people living there from other parts of the country with no ties to the city they live in

There are loads of welsh living in Bristol , they of course wouldn't support Bristol city

They would support the teams most welsh people support , Manchester united or Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People move to cities from other cities all the time , its not just Cardiff that has people living there from other parts of the country with no ties to the city they live in

There are loads of welsh living in Bristol , they of course wouldn't support Bristol city

They would support the teams most welsh people support , Manchester united or Liverpool
    And as a result Bristol City have similar levels of support to us

I can think of only one other City fan in my sixth form (late 1990s) in a high school in Cardiff. The rest were the usual mixture of EPL television watchers.

We were proper sh!t back then, though. As in, routinely beaten by teams like Lincoln, Chester, Southend, Torquay. We went on a 5-match losing streak in one of those seasons, losing to Scarborough, Colchester, Peterborough, Macclesfield and Hartlepool. We put an end to it with a 0-0 home draw against Darlington. So yeah. Proper shit.

I do believe it’s the families and how the younger generations follow football. My old man, grandfather, uncles etc all support Cardiff. As do my wife’s side aswell so my kids follow suit. My eldest son who’s 19 does go out on a Sunday up the pub to watch the afternoon but generally as a football fan and social event with his mates and most of the time him and his mates are down the city and going to wales games aswell.
    Same Circumstances for most of our friends however there are one or two who support Utd or Liverpool, and hey ho so do their children.
    I do feel there are a lot more teens and younger kids down the city these days than when I was kid over at NP.
    Won’t happen overnight but we are moving in the right direction fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I do believe it’s the families and how the younger generations follow football. My old man, grandfather, uncles etc all support Cardiff. As do my wife’s side aswell so my kids follow suit. My eldest son who’s 19 does go out on a Sunday up the pub to watch the afternoon but generally as a football fan and social event with his mates and most of the time him and his mates are down the city and going to wales games aswell.
    Same Circumstances for most of our friends however there are one or two who support Utd or Liverpool, and hey ho so do their children.
    I do feel there are a lot more teens and younger kids down the city these days than when I was kid over at NP.
    Won’t happen overnight but we are moving in the right direction fanbase
    There are more teens and children than ever before it is wonderful to see.