+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brentford

Brentford

No wonder they are punching so far above their weight.

They have an insane scouting network.

https://twitter.com/BnsComps/status/...270274561?s=09

Re: Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    No wonder they are punching so far above their weight.

They have an insane scouting network.

https://twitter.com/BnsComps/status/...270274561?s=09
    I watch that and think, even if we had a scouting network to match Brentford's at least two out of our last four managers would not be interested in a "luxury" player like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I watch that and think, even if we had a scouting network to match Brentford's at least two out of our last four managers would not be interested in a "luxury" player like that.
    I agree. North Africa is definitely a market we should be looking to tap into. They seem to produce a lot of Taraabt sequel players, that can be snapped up for peanuts.

I went through a stage (when I had more time on my hands) where I watched a lot of Ligue 2 football from France and there were loads of players from that part of the world who had the same style and could light up this league.

Some of their goals last Saturday were Pep x Barcelona-esque. The one with the pass and move in the box and little reverse finish belonged to a level far greater than the Championship.

I've always considered the majority of clubs in the Prem League plus a lot in the Championship [incl. City], are basically lazy when it comes to recruitment, preferring to judge a player on his cost rather than value. I suppose it comes with having so much money sloshing around. As a Club we're awful at 'scouting', relying on the good judgement and good faith of agents !