+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How wasn't that a penalty for the foul on Ward.

How wasn't that a penalty for the foul on Ward.

I think it was Murphy who knocked the cross in towards Ward who was in acres of space, The defender who wasn't going to get anywhere near the ball just shoved Ward out of the way as he set himself to nod it goalwards. The ref had a full view of it and just waved play on. I know we are all one eyed when it suits but it just looked a 100% definite penalty from my view.

Re: How wasn't that a penalty for the foul on Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I think it was Murphy who knocked the cross in towards Ward who was in acres of space, The defender who wasn't going to get anywhere near the ball just shoved Ward out of the way as he set himself to nod it goalwards. The ref had a full view of it and just waved play on. I know we are all one eyed when it suits but it just looked a 100% definite penalty from my view.
    Must’ve missed that.

But them Barnsley commentators were adamant they had a penalty claim, soft as **** mind, and didn’t stop bleating on about it, funnily enough no mention of the ward incident which sounds worse.

Looking at Wards =liser on sky, I thought Tomlin was lucky not to have a free kick given against him when he collected the ball just before making the pass.

100% it was a penalty. Right in front of us in the Canton. Clear as day. Some times you need VAR.

Didn't look a clear penalty to me. The ball was out of reach and he flailed. He tried too hard to sell it.

Looked a blatant dive to me sat up at the top of the canton. Not seen a replay but i wasn’t convinced by it.

Was sat on half way line clear push in the back on ward,was blatant pen from my view (he definitely didn't dive)

& there you have it ... 50:50 opinion. Didn't look a penalty to me either.

Yep everyone around us thought it was a penalty. Ward looked much more mobile than Gary who to be far fought well , Ward makes better timed runs .

Right in front of us in The Canton. Ward was in front of the defender who shoved him in the back. Penalty all day. The officials were pretty dire all game.