+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 100

Thread: FT: BRENTFORD 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

  1. #1

    FT: BRENTFORD 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Wednesday December 11th, ko 7:45pm
    Live on Sky Sports Red Button


    Match officials:


    Referee: JOHN BROOKS

    Assistants: Akil Howson and Sam Lewis

    Fourth Official : Ryan Atkin

  2. #2

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    That's a good omen, not.
    Brooks was the ref v WBA!
    Deserve a favour or two from him Weds.

  3. #3

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Think this will be a good game. Would like to see Ralls back in for this one, if he's available and Ward coming in for Madine. Hopefully we get a good turnout as unless a playoff meeting awaits, it's the last time we can see city at Griffin Park (my first time). On a side note, their new stadium looks fantastic.

  4. #4

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    This is a real test looking forward to it , the Bees are a good footballing side so it will be good to see how we face up to that .

  5. #5

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Think this will be a good game. Would like to see Ralls back in for this one, if he's available and Ward coming in for Madine. Hopefully we get a good turnout as unless a playoff meeting awaits, it's the last time we can see city at Griffin Park (my first time). On a side note, their new stadium looks fantastic.
    Yes, I suspect there will be a change in mf. Only question is it Vauks or Ralls. TBH I cannot see what Vauks brings to the team apart from long throws.
    Ralls for me instead of Bacuna. Madine to start as well.

  6. #6

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Yes, I suspect there will be a change in mf. Only question is it Vauks or Ralls. TBH I cannot see what Vauks brings to the team apart from long throws.
    Ralls for me instead of Bacuna. Madine to start as well.
    What are you basing your evaluation of Vaulks on?

  7. #7

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    What are you basing your evaluation of Vaulks on?
    I cant see how we can judge him, he's never had a run

  8. #8
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,078

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I cant see how we can judge him, he's never had a run
    There is always a YouTube highlights package to shine light in the darkness!


  9. #9

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    What are you basing your evaluation of Vaulks on?
    In the 2 mins or so I've seen him.😛

  10. #10

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Is Ralls available? Thought he was out long term.
    Also Baccuna looked in a bad way on Saturday, we are really struggling with central midfield players if they are both out.

  11. #11

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Is Ralls available? Thought he was out long term.
    Also Baccuna looked in a bad way on Saturday, we are really struggling with central midfield players if they are both out.
    Ralls is fit. On bench at least tomorrow. May start.

  12. #12

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Does anyone know if both the terrace AND the seating stand are open tonight at Griffin Park, as we sat upstairs two seasons ago and had an excellent view but this season I could only buy terrace tickets, and having stood there before (when we won 2-1) Iíd much rather be upstairs!

  13. #13

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Does anyone know if both the terrace AND the seating stand are open tonight at Griffin Park, as we sat upstairs two seasons ago and had an excellent view but this season I could only buy terrace tickets, and having stood there before (when we won 2-1) I’d much rather be upstairs!
    We got seating tickets, so I hope it’s bloody open

  14. #14

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Match Stats:

    • Brentford have lost their last three Championship meetings with Cardiff, with this their first meeting since March 2018.
    • Cardiff have won three of their last five away league matches against Brentford (W3 D1 L1), as many as they'd won in their first 16 visits to Griffin Park (W3 D5 L8).
    • None of Brentford's last 10 league games have ended level, with the Bees winning six and losing four.
    • Cardiff have won their last three Championship matches, as many as they had in their previous 13 (W3 D7 L3).
    • Brentford have had a joint league-low six different goalscorers in the Championship this season.

  15. #15

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Does anyone know if both the terrace AND the seating stand are open tonight at Griffin Park, as we sat upstairs two seasons ago and had an excellent view but this season I could only buy terrace tickets, and having stood there before (when we won 2-1) Iíd much rather be upstairs!
    Iím sure youíll be fine sitting, as you may have already experienced at an away game.

    Here to help.

  16. #16

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Is Ralls available? Thought he was out long term.
    Also Baccuna looked in a bad way on Saturday, we are really struggling with central midfield players if they are both out.
    Bacuna can play if his swelling goes down and his boot fits.. Ralls is fit enough to be considered.

  17. #17

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bacuna can play if his swelling goes down and his boot fits.. Ralls is fit enough to be considered.
    Just get bigger boots 🤪

  18. #18

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Ralls has travelled up with the squad so thatís a positive- whether or not he plays a part yet is undecided 🤔

  19. #19

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Think weíll get beaten pretty comfortably tonight. If we donít then Iíll be much more encouraged about the remainder of the season

  20. #20

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I’m sure you’ll be fine sitting, as you may have already experienced at an away game.

    Here to help.
    Thinking about it.......do you wear a black Wales track suit top to games, have a dreadful haircut and look like you need a shower and a good square meal? As that would explain a LOT.

    Here to help.

  21. #21

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Thinking about it.......do you wear a black Wales track suit top to games, have a dreadful haircut and look like you need a shower and a good square meal? As that would explain a LOT.

    Here to help.
    No.

    Glad to be of assistance.

    Maybe next time we can find your sense of humour.

  22. #22

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Only change Ward for Madine. Ralls on bench.

  23. #23

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Only change Ward for Madine. Ralls on bench.
    Interested to see how we play from the off with a more mobile front man.

  24. #24

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Joe Day on the bench as well for Smithies.

  25. #25

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Joe Day on the bench as well for Smithies.
    Presume Smithies injured/unwell?

  26. #26

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Presume Smithies injured/unwell?
    Letís hope so, and he isnít one of the ones off in January (hence putting Day in the team)
    Yes itís speculation, but I hope Iím wrong and heís staying.

  27. #27

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Team line ups

    Brentford: Raya; Dalsgaard, Jansson, Pinnock, Henry; Jensen, Norgaard, Dasilva; Mbeumo, Watkins, Benrahma

    Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Mokotjo, Jeanvier, Bech Sorensen, Hammar, Roerslev

    Cardiff City: Etheridge;- Peltier, Nelson, Flint, Bennett; Mendez-Laing, Pack, Bacuna, Hoilett; Tomlin, Ward

    Subs: Day, Morrison, Vaulks, Ralls, Paterson, Murphy, Madine

  28. #28

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    N
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Team line ups

    Brentford: Raya; Dalsgaard, Jansson, Pinnock, Henry; Jensen, Norgaard, Dasilva; Mbeumo, Watkins, Benrahma

    Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Mokotjo, Jeanvier, Bech Sorensen, Hammar, Roerslev

    Cardiff City: Etheridge;- Peltier, Nelson, Flint, Bennett; Mendez-Laing, Pack, Bacuna, Hoilett; Tomlin, Ward

    Subs: Day, Morrison, Vaulks, Ralls, Paterson, Murphy, Madine

  29. #29

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    N

    No Smithies?

  30. #30

    Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

    Brentford starting at a pace.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •