+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: BRENTFORD 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

OOOooohhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Madine on for....NML.....
    That will make all the difference........................

CMON ...................................YESSSSSS....... ....................

2-1! Tomlin free kick....expecing an effort on goal..passed square to Pack....in off the post.....all to play for...have been better last 5 minutes or more

It wasnt Madine unfortunately ..2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That will make all the difference........................
    NML has had a mare tonight.

I’ve said it before but I’ve never seen anything in Murphy whatsoever. He scored one good goal for Norwich V Villa and knows how to run in a straight line.
    He’s crap and was never worth the money we spent.

Another Etuhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Tomlin our best player by a mile.
    Always is .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    NML has had a mare tonight.
    indeed.

ooh...Ward over the bar....why cannot we play like this going forward from the start?

Madine providing a good outlet

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    indeed.
    And Murphy ?

2-1 that was close . . .

Well, at least we made it an exciting finish. Never seen us more dominated before Madine came on for NML.

Honeymoon over.

The plan of giving the opposition the first half to rack up a lead needs a rethink!

Last half hour or so was decent. I dont mind us losing so much if we compete. the first half was shocking.

I am going to Leeds on Saturday with a degree of trepidation....

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Considering both sides are just outside the top 6, the gulf is incredible.
    Lower half of the table by January.
    Neil Harris honeymoon period quickly coming to an end
    Harris has already improved us.

We played well last 30 minutes. Ralls in the centre of midfield for Bacuna will improve us massively. Tomlin has been given a chance and is looking fit and and real quality.

We need a clear out of a number of players and allow Harris to build his own side.

Re: FT: BRENTFORD 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

frustrating. poor first half and the second half only gets interesting after scoring the free kick. Not sure I heard Murphys name in the second half; felt like we played with 10 men to be fair.
    I thought pack had a decent game and rounded it off with the finish, Tomlin was the only one who looked like creating anything going forward.
    Etheridge hoofing the ball to Ward is just pointless, he'd get out jumped by a 3 year old.

Bit of perspective, Wigan second from bottom drew with WBA , second from top .
    There are no givens in this league.
    If we can cut out the first 60 minutes and grow the last 30 then who knows.
    Neil Warnock was looking for recognition for the team he had left us , in my opinion he left us the first 60 minutes. Thanks Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Of course it's his fault.
    I can't remember the last time Murphy beat his man and looked remotely threatening.
    Looked to me like the defender moved over and blocked his run, commentators said so as well. But yeah it’s his fault.

We need a clear out of a number of players and allow Harris to build his own side.[/QUOTE]

Starting with Murphy! He’s awful I’m tense with anger watching him. When he’s not running the ball into nothing down the wings he’s going for the impossible shot! That effort early when he came on was something els! Cut your losses in January, sell him or loan him out or something just to save his wages. He’s sh**t!

We have the players to bruise their way to a win. I’ve accepted the fact that league position really doesn’t matter when teams play us as most of them now have set up to pass the ball and look comfortable on the ball all over the pitch, we will beat the crapper of these types now and again but ones that are more established in their style I completely expect to get out passed.

Not sure that’s gonna change much until we have a few transfer windows and swap a few of these “run fast head down” or “I’m taller I’ll win the ball in the air 9/10 times” types we’ve stockpiled like a gypsies bonfire.

I was willing to give a progressive manager the rest of the season and not expect miracles, I’ve resigned myself to doing it now with a less progressive manager.

What are people expecting?

Much improved 2nd half and we had a good go at it.
    Unfortunately we were undone by that very good Algerian and some very bad defending for the second.
    It looked like it could have been really embarrassing at one stage but then we got our goal and it changed the mindset of both sets of players. Could've got a point in the end but on balance, probably didn't deserve one.

Tomlin really does make a difference and looks pretty much like he's nailed his place.

NML did little and Murphy even less, although moving to the right when Mendez-Laing went off seemed to suit him better.

Hoilett is our best winger and losing him so early was a big blow.

On to Leeds then. I'll take a point right now!

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    frustrating. poor first half and the second half only gets interesting after scoring the free kick. Not sure I heard Murphys name in the second half; felt like we played with 10 men to be fair.
    I thought pack had a decent game and rounded it off with the finish, Tomlin was the only one who looked like creating anything going forward.
    Etheridge hoofing the ball to Ward is just pointless, he'd get out jumped by a 3 year old.
    How many times did Etheridge just boot the ball long only for Ward to be beaten in the air?! It was absolutely mindless. 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Much improved 2nd half and we had a good go at it.
    Unfortunately we were undone by that very good Algerian and some very bad defending for the second.
    It looked like it could have been really embarrassing at one stage but then we got our goal and it changed the mindset of both sets of players. Could've got a point in the end but on balance, probably didn't deserve one.

Tomlin really does make a difference and looks pretty much like he's nailed his place.

NML did little and Murphy even less, although moving to the right when Mendez-Laing went off seemed to suit him better.

Hoilett is our best winger and losing him so early was a big blow.

On to Leeds then. I'll take a point right now!
    Agree with that 👍