+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boy on floor

Boy on floor

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...MzM2OTU1ODY%3D

Could this actually be true?

Summary of the potential story: Mum of friend/employee of Matt Hancock claims to have been hacked. The hackers decided only to post a completely false debunk of the 'boy on the hospital floor' story, which has since been shared 10s of thousands of times. She has gone dark, citing death threats(...), and he has tightened up his privacy settings.

Sounds far fetched but after the completely false story about Hancock's aide being punched, I am doubting my own cynicism.

Re: Boy on floor

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...MzM2OTU1ODY%3D

Could this actually be true?

Summary of the potential story: Mum of friend/employee of Matt Hancock claims to have been hacked. The hackers decided only to post a completely false debunk of the 'boy on the hospital floor' story, which has since been shared 10s of thousands of times. She has gone dark, citing death threats(...), and he has tightened up his privacy settings.

Sounds far fetched but after the completely false story about Hancock's aide being punched, I am doubting my own cynicism.
    Welcome to the digital future and the wonders of social media.

I await the hospital's official reponse, and enquiry,with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You really think that's the most important aspect of the story Eric posted about?

Heisenberg

Somehow, I don't think you really give a shit since they've already given an official response and it confirms the story that the boy's mother has given.

Dr Yvette Oade, the Chief Medical Officer of the hospital’s NHS trust:

“Within four hours a decision was made to admit Jack to our Children’s Assessment and Treatment (CAT) Unit for further monitoring overnight. Unfortunately, the unit was also experiencing exceptionally high levels of demand which meant that Jack was required to wait in the clinical treatment room in the Paediatric Emergency Department until a bed became available. Jack was admitted to the CAT Unit later that evening and was discharged home the following morning after a medical review.

We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family".

I await with interest which Labour MP you will deem responsible for a sick 4 year old boy sleeping on the floor of a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Somehow, I don't think you really give a shit since they've already given an official response and it confirms the story that the boy's mother has given.

Dr Yvette Oade, the Chief Medical Officer of the hospital’s NHS trust:

“Within four hours a decision was made to admit Jack to our Children’s Assessment and Treatment (CAT) Unit for further monitoring overnight. Unfortunately, the unit was also experiencing exceptionally high levels of demand which meant that Jack was required to wait in the clinical treatment room in the Paediatric Emergency Department until a bed became available. Jack was admitted to the CAT Unit later that evening and was discharged home the following morning after a medical review.

We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family".

I await with interest which Labour MP you will deem responsible for a sick 4 year old boy sleeping on the floor of a hospital.
    Could it be that it was actually the hospitals fault, it was not due to cuts but poor management and that no MP from any party is responsible??

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Could it be that it was actually the hospitals fault, it was not due to cuts but poor management and that no MP from any party is responsible??
    No!

Heisenberg

My opinion is that a lack of beds for sick children in hospitals is probably due to the huge cuts in the NHS brought by a decade of austerity... But who really knows, eh?

It wasn't the point of my post anyway - which was to point out that life on mars will always defend any negative story about the Tories but jump in with both feet to attack anything about Labour. Despite his numerous, obviously well balanced posts, of course.

Was a bit shocked when newsnight actually paid credence to this conspiracy by contacting the woman and her son about the Facebook posts/history.

https://mobile.twitter.com/toryfibs/...35324103364608

It is claimed that she first said she was hacked. Now the story is that she reposted something she read. It certainly doesn't add up.

I am not sure what to believe but my guess is that the son has been caught doing something pretty awful and mumsy is sticking up for him. I doubt they were asked to do it by Matt Hancock or his team as that would be the most pathetic thing I have ever heard , but then again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    No!
    Incredible

No!
    And you know this because?

And you know this because?
    Because the buck stops at the top

Incredible
    Highly credible if you're fair and balanced

Highly credible if you're fair and balanced
    Thanks, I am keeping a balanced view on his this one between it being Boris Johnsons fault , poor management ,or a staged event .

Heisenberg

Thanks, I am keeping a balanced view on his this one between it being Boris Johnsons fault , poor management ,or a staged event .
    A balanced view that still thinks it could be a staged event? Just completely ignoring the statement from the NHS trust that you said you would be greatly anticipating, is it?

It's obviously not Boris Johnson's fault either... But he's been a part of a government that are massively culpable for it.

Here's Matt Hancock defending the Trust's management and saying there will be more money in the future. So I guess if you take Hancock at his word, that leaves it between Boris Johnson or a staged event on your see-saw of responsibility.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...al-floor-video