+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a future for the labour party ?

Re: Is there a future for the labour party ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The Guardian opinion pages will be in meltdown. But undeniable that Labour will be embarrassed if they choose a male leader again after all the other main UK parties have selected women.

However, I think the mood amongst members will be against any tokenism and for whoever appears to be the best candidate.
    It should be the best candidate without identity politics, but I will have a chuckle when he does win, I know next to nothing about the 5 of them but it will be the uproar it causes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lisa nandy , a real scrapper

If boris johnson keeps acting the clown and brexit goes tits up , which it will , shes the lady to see off the nasty party

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

If boris johnson keeps acting the clown and brexit goes tits up , which it will , shes the lady to see off the nasty party
    Kier S seems to have it wrapped up, but he's a shandy drinking southerner with a grammar school education, although being a lawyer isn't a bad credential to be PM, there isn't a standout candidate IMO, I'm not up to speed etc. and have just had an hour or so looking at the wonder web on the candidates, I jacked my unite membership around 24 months ago so no vote for me!!, the person to see off the Tories will have to be someone presenting credible policies and not stupid freebies, we're gonna spend more than you stuff, whilst Johnson had a simple message in (Get Brexit Done) I thought that labour overplayed the NHS being sold to America line, there is so much privatisation in the NHS at the moment, this line just didn't cut it with the voters.

There are almost 11 weeks to go and full programme of hustings before the result.

Kier Starmer for leader and Angela Rayner for deputy are clearly strong favourites based on MP/MEP nominations and early Labour membership polling - but a lot can change in that amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Agree her and Jess Phillip's would be my choice, they would make life very difficult for the blonde one.

Sir Kier although intellectually tuned in and highly skilled MP , may not appeal to the core lost voters , he maybe seen as someone wanting to reverse Brexit, and being part of that elite inner London sect , that is viewed by many as being in a Labour political inner city London bubble.