Ratcliffe , not a lot going on upstairs when it comes to being a pundit

Re: Kevin Ratcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Are you really that bothered?
    No, are you ??

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No, are you ??
    You seem to be. That mega quote and the fact you’ve brought it back up (mentioning the time as well) seems to suggest you are.

You seem to be. That mega quote and the fact you’ve brought it back up (mentioning the time as well) seems to suggest you are.
    Just reminding peeps, that he played in 2 seasons for us, not just one.
    Even if it was only for a short time.

Just reminding peeps, that he played in 2 seasons for us, not just one.
    Even if it was only for a short time.
    Did anyone say he only played one season for us then?

It was you that implied that he joined us after we were already promoted when replying to Ianto.

B
    Your memory needs updating !!

He played a FEWgames AFTER we got promoted, the most notable of these was at Fulham, where scuffles broke out in the stands, as the police shut the away turnstiles, and told some City fans to go in the home area.

As the players left the pitch, Radcliffe looked at the fans behind the goal and called them “ARSEHOLES” !!!

Very nice without knowing the facts behind the troubles.
    Not sure how long he stayed after that, but it wasn’t long
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Did anyone say he only played one season for us then?

It was you that implied that he joined us after we were already promoted when replying to Ianto.
    I think these two words, show that he was already here, as he played about 20 games in the promotion year and a FEW games the season after.
    Never once did I say/print, that he joined after promotion.

Your memory needs updating !!

He played a few games after we got promoted, the most notable of these was at Fulham, where scuffles broke out in the stands, as the police shut the away turnstiles, and told some City fans to go in the home area.

As the players left the pitch, Radcliffe looked at the fans behind the goal and called them “ARSEHOLES” !!!

Very nice without knowing the facts behind the troubles.
    Not sure how long he stayed after that, but it wasn’t long
    Hmmm...I've spoken to two of the people who were in with the Fulham fans that day ,(there was about six of them) and they told me that they had volunteered to go in on the terracing not been told to by the police, if that was the case then surely there would have been more than a handful? Also, let's just say that none of them were saints.

What happened was that the city fans that were in with the Fulham fans started kicking off, a big gap opened up and fulham weren't really interested. Then, the main set of city fans behind the goal decided to jump the fences and go to their assistance, police on horses were called, players were removed from the pitch and Eddie may had to come out with a microphone to calm the city fans down. There was at least a twenty minute delay. No fault at all from the Fulham fans, it was purely down to a load of our own pissed up 'arsehole' fans, Ratcliffe had a point.

It must've unsettled Fulham as I think that we ran out 3-1 winners with blakey scoring a superb free kick.

ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Hmmm...I've spoken to two of the people who were in with the Fulham fans that day ,(there was about six of them) and they told me that they had volunteered to go in on the terracing not been told to by the police, if that was the case then surely there would have been more than a handful? Also, let's just say that none of them were saints.

What happened was that the city fans that were in with the Fulham fans started kicking off, a big gap opened up and fulham weren't really interested. Then, the main set of city fans behind the goal decided to jump the fences and go to their assistance, police on horses were called, players were removed from the pitch and Eddie may had to come out with a microphone to calm the city fans down. There was at least a twenty minute delay. No fault at all from the Fulham fans, it was purely down to a load of our own pissed up 'arsehole' fans, Ratcliffe had a point.

It must've unsettled Fulham as I think that we ran out 3-1 winners with blakey scoring a superb free kick.
    Totally, totally, wrong !
    The turnstiles for behind the goals, were shut on police instructions at about 2.50pm.

Yes, then Cardiff fans accessed the Fulham enclosure.

Yes, then fighting broke out.

But, it was caused by the closing of the turnstiles.

Lots know who were involved and if you wanna call in The Canton Pub on Saturday, I’ll introduce you to one or two, who you say were at fault.
    Fulham fans picked on the wrong people that day.

ya

The turnstiles for behind the goals, were shut on police instructions at about 2.50pm.

Lots know who were involved and if you wanna call in The Canton Pub on Saturday, I’ll introduce you to one or two, who you say were at fault.
    Getting awful arsy here Tone.

B

I think these two words, show that he was already here, as he played about 20 games in the promotion year and a FEW games the season after.
    Never once did I say/print, that he joined after promotion.
    Its what you implied.

You quote a post saying he was instrumental in us getting promoted and start with the words "Your memory needs updating".

Insinuating to the poster that he wasnt instrumental is us getting promoted (He ****ing was!!!) and then implied he was signed after we were promoted.

Also, you are wrong on the terrace and cause of the fighting as well.

T
    Getting awful arsy here Tone.
    Na, just putting the facts out there.

I can name 3 of the 6 fans he is on about and I drink with one of them at every home game.

Lovely fella

Its what you implied.

You quote a post saying he was instrumental in us getting promoted and start with the words "Your memory needs updating".

Insinuating to the poster that he wasnt instrumental is us getting promoted (He ****ing was!!!) and then implied he was signed after we were promoted.

Also, you are wrong on the terrace and cause of the fighting as well.
    See post 62

City fans had been fighting before kick off and when it did kick off in the Fulham end a load of City fans in the away end went over the top of the fence to join in.

See post 62
    No

ya

your version is spot on tone i was diverted to that enclosure by the old bill as they shut the away end turnstyles. fulham started the fighting and cardiff finished it. there was also the intervention of neil kinnock that day plus the ramblings of jimmy hill in the press after. i went to exeter the following tuesday and there were two coppers to every city fan as they were expecting another fulham like invasion

T
    I can name 3 of the 6 fans he is on about and I drink with one of them at every home game.

Lovely fella
    You after a medal? I’ve drank with and know plenty of hooligans/casuals as well.

And?

City fans had been fighting before kick off and when it did kick off in the Fulham end a load of City fans in the away end went over the top of the fence to join in.
    I know, i was there. I've no reason not to believe Biuetit when he said that the turnstiles were closed 10 minutes before kick off, what i do find odd is that the police would've told City fans to go in with the Fulham fans. The person i know who was in the Fulham end fighting told me that they went in purposely, he may be talking shit, who knows. Wasn't there a seated section for city fans in the same stand where it had kicked off? The fighting broke out on the terracing below the seated area, maybe that's where City fans should've been directed.

I think that Ratcliffe was referring to the City fans that scaled the 8 ft fence in order to join in with the fighting. The incident caused the game to stop and the players were taken from the pitch, can't blame him for being frustrated by that as we did have alot of pissed up arseholes there that day.

You after a medal? I’ve drank with and know plenty of hooligans/casuals as well.

And?
    I know one who is obviously a liar...

At least you were there

I’m sure you’d love to call in the Canton Pub on Saturday and call JM a liar to his face.

He is not a Hooligan by the way

I know, i was there. I've no reason not to believe Biuetit when he said that the turnstiles were closed 10 minutes before kick off, what i do find odd is that the police would've told City fans to go in with the Fulham fans. The person i know who was in the Fulham end fighting told me that they went in purposely, he may be talking shit, who knows. Wasn't there a seated section for city fans in the same stand where it had kicked off? The fighting broke out on the terracing below the seated area, maybe that's where City fans should've been directed.

I think that Ratcliffe was referring to the City fans that scaled the 8 ft fence in order to join in with the fighting. The incident caused the game to stop and the players were taken from the pitch, can't blame him for being frustrated by that as we did have alot of pissed up arseholes there that day.
    Neil Kinnock was in the seats to our left, the fighting was on the right

I’m sure you’d love to call in the Canton Pub on Saturday and call JM a liar to his face.

Stop name dropping. It’s sad.

And he isn’t calling your mate a liar if you read the post.

Jose Mourinho?

Stop name dropping. It’s sad.

And he isn’t calling your mate a liar if you read the post.
    Hard to interpret who he calling a liar!!!

Could be me, could be the post he’s copied!

It’s left to interpretation