Thread: Arsenal

Re: Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Send for Warnock
    Well Sam's already spoken for.
    Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Without looking it up, I'd say them and Everton have never been relegated. I might be wrong, of course.
    I don’t think Arsenal ever actually went down though, First World War saved them and they were still a first division side on the resumption of football. Everton were relegated in both the 30s and 50s.

What makes it quite funny, is their fans used to moan like fu*k when Wenger used to consistently get them into the champions league.
    Tossers!.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What makes it quite funny, is their fans used to moan like fu*k when Wenger used to consistently get them into the champions league.
    Tossers!.
    They were desperate to be the first club in London to win it, now they would be grateful just to be in it I reckon. How the mighty have fallen. Remember Wenger would pick a b team for the carling cup years ago and they were still amazing. I agree signing ozil on 350k was the beginning of the end for them.

They could play with 10 men for the rest of the season and they’d stay up.

Not going to happen.

I used to really enjoy watching Arsenal but how some of the fans bad mouthed wenger I'm glad they are getting a reality check.

Auba and lacazette look like different players to a season ago.

I never got the gushing over arteta he basically got a reputation from pep being successful

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They could play with 10 men for the rest of the season and they’d stay up.

Not going to happen.
    Nobody thought Leicester could win the premier league a few seasons ago. You’re probably right, but it’s always good to have a laugh at them.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I used to really enjoy watching Arsenal but how some of the fans bad mouthed wenger I'm glad they are getting a reality check.

I never got the gushing over arteta he basically got a reputation from pep being successful
    Agree about the fawning over Arteta. No basis whatsoever.

Maybe it is a result of being a Cardiff City supporter but I have zero time for the entitlement of fans of successful clubs like The Arse.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I don’t think Arsenal ever actually went down though, First World War saved them and they were still a first division side on the resumption of football. Everton were relegated in both the 30s and 50s.
    They came third in the Second division in the 1913-1914 season, having played all their 38 matches. They came 5th after completing the 1914-1915 season but got promoted - although the teams in third and fourth place weren't.....

Inside Arteta's Arsenal by Tifo Football: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzlU1rfTwT8

Arteta appears to be a fantastic coach with high potential to be a really good manager but a fantastic coach in the wrong system is not going to fulfill their potential, at least not until moving on. Arsenal have been a really horrible club to be part of since moving to the Emirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'll say it.

I can't ever see one of the big 6 going down.
    But Arsenal are way off the top 6. ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But Arsenal are way off the top 6. ?
    Not in terms of revenue they aren't

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Arsene Wenger must be turning in his swivel chair.
    Ian Holloway has just left Grimsby and will be looking for a new club soon. The arse would be a shoe-in for him

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

This. I always hated Arsenal, but warmed to them when Wenger was there. They played some amazing football. Now he's gone. They're having a blip. They might not win any trophies for a while. Oh well. It's hard to feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. I always hated Arsenal, but warmed to them when Wenger was there. They played some amazing football. Now he's gone. They're having a blip. They might not win any trophies for a while. Oh well. It's hard to feel sorry for them.
    Yup, penny for Wengers thoughts. Hounded out and not too dissimilar to the treatment Ramsey got (though they wanted him to stay at the end).
    Horrible fans and I hope the misery continues.

Incredible to think Arsenal may be saved by the fact there's some right shit at the bottom of the division

Its not going to happen, but it would be fantastic if they came down. You'll probably see the "Big 6" lobbying for them to be immune from relegation if Arsenal come close to relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They came third in the Second division in the 1913-1914 season, having played all their 38 matches. They came 5th after completing the 1914-1915 season but got promoted - although the teams in third and fourth place weren't.....
    That was it, weren’t Spurs fans fuming over it or something, they were angry at Arsenal moving to North London to their patch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That was it, weren’t Spurs fans fuming over it or something, they were angry at Arsenal moving to North London to their patch as well.
    They were 'elected' for promotion apparently.......