+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season of Goodwill - Paying it Forward

Season of Goodwill - Paying it Forward

Without boring you with the detail, about 5 years ago I was forced to find a new job, but I was helped by an incredible person who helped me rebuild my CV/Resume, expand my professional network and gave me the confidence to go get another job.

I’d been fairly senior in a big organization so the commercial general management roles I was after were few and far between and I was approaching 50 with all the mind talk that presented.

Anyway wind forward 5 years and everything turned out for the better but when I think I back about it it was the help I got that made the difference. I try and pay that forward whenever someone wants similar professional counsel and I’ve become relatively adept at helping people reshape both their CV’s and how they go about their networking.

So... here’s a genuinely good intentioned pay it forward offer. If you’re thinking of changing your career or are unfortunate enough to have lost your job and would like someone else’s perspective please feel free to PM me. I’ll send you my email address and will willingly take a look at your CV and share with you a template that worked for me along with some other great advice I’ve had in the last 5 years.

I can’t promise you’ll get THE job but I can promise a friendly ear and a willingness to help if I can.

Happy Christmas one and all.

Re: Season of Goodwill - Paying it Forward

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Without boring you with the detail, about 5 years ago I was forced to find a new job, but I was helped by an incredible person who helped me rebuild my CV/Resume, expand my professional network and gave me the confidence to go get another job.

I’d been fairly senior in a big organization so the commercial general management roles I was after were few and far between and I was approaching 50 with all the mind talk that presented.

Anyway wind forward 5 years and everything turned out for the better but when I think I back about it it was the help I got that made the difference. I try and pay that forward whenever someone wants similar professional counsel and I’ve become relatively adept at helping people reshape both their CV’s and how they go about their networking.

So... here’s a genuinely good intentioned pay it forward offer. If you’re thinking of changing your career or are unfortunate enough to have lost your job and would like someone else’s perspective please feel free to PM me. I’ll send you my email address and will willingly take a look at your CV and share with you a template that worked for me along with some other great advice I’ve had in the last 5 years.

I can’t promise you’ll get THE job but I can promise a friendly ear and a willingness to help if I can.

What a kind offer , good on you

Up the city

Excellent gesture.
    Merry Christmas and goodwill to you too

Bit of a turnaround guy, building small to medium enterprises up using tried and tested methods and a very experienced team. Noticed recently that there are other leaders out there using modern techniques and a young and vibrant sales team. Been out of work for a couple of months now and wonder what you can do for me?

Best Wishes

Neil W

........jokes aside. Great offer!

Fantastic gesture. Merry Christmas.

nice one

Happy Christmas to you :)