+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birthdays. Do you care?

Birthdays. Do you care?

Yours or that of others.

I am indifferent my own birthday. Doesn’t bother me if nobody says “happy birthday”, not even family.

I feel similar disinterest for other people’s birthdays too, but this can be socially problematic.

Just be as nice as you can as regularly as you can, innit?

Re: Birthdays. Do you care?

One thing I am mindful of as I get older is that our time on this planet is finite. Yes, it's an obvious thing to say but we sometimes take life for granted, particularly when we are young. As I'm in decent health and fit enough to do all the things I want to do whilst being just two years off the State Pension age I find myself getting happier year on year. I am cramming in more and more travel and events knowing that the balloon may go up at any time or decrepitude may suddenly ensue. (Ironically, I cashed in my two years of superannuated pension when I was twenty as I didn't think I would live this long!).

I am far less grumpy than I used to be and if people want to celebrate a birthday good luck to them, you old curmudgeon.

Sending you a bottle of Sanatogen and a Werther's Original, Divine Wright..... but do cheer up, old bean

My glass is always Half Full !!
    The years pass by so quickly you’ve just got to live your life !!
    I never stress about anything there’s no point - treat others how you yourself expect to be treated and remember it’s always nice to be nice 😃🍻
    Merry Christmas 🎄

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    One thing I am mindful of as I get older is that our time on this planet is finite. Yes, it's an obvious thing to say but we sometimes take life for granted, particularly when we are young. As I'm in decent health and fit enough to do all the things I want to do whilst being just two years off the State Pension age I find myself getting happier year on year. I am cramming in more and more travel and events knowing that the balloon may go up at any time or decrepitude may suddenly ensue. (Ironically, I cashed in my two years of superannuated pension when I was twenty as I didn't think I would live this long!).

I am far less grumpy than I used to be and if people want to celebrate a birthday good luck to them, you old curmudgeon.

Sending you a bottle of Sanatogen and a Werther's Original, Divine Wright..... but do cheer up, old bean
    That’s what I mean about bday indifference being socially problematic.

It’s just that birthdays are as inconsequential as valentines day for me. Not that I hate them, I just don’t see it as something worth acknowledging, let alone celebrating.

I have lived for 39 years but I prefer to look on existence as a continuous, mutating thread instead of one year plonked on top of another.

I’m ok with celebrating naturally occurring, seasonal events like solstices, equinox and the likes. Don’t see much point beyond that.

You need the Samaritans lol 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

It’s just that birthdays are as inconsequential as valentines day for me. Not that I hate them, I just don’t see it as something worth acknowledging, let alone celebrating.

I have lived for 39 years but I prefer to look on existence as a continuous, mutating thread instead of one year plonked on top of another.

I’m ok with celebrating naturally occurring, seasonal events like solstices, equinox and the likes. Don’t see much point beyond that.
    Socially problematic? Some people wish they had your problems!

Birthdays , xmas , new years eve , all cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Birthdays , xmas , new years eve , all cobblers
    Like 100% of threads you start on here

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Don’t worry about the big 4 0, it’s just a number.

If it didn't come around every year i'd be okay , once your reach the educated voting age of 16 I think you should be allowed to opt out completely, or be allowed to select a fixed period birthday IE every 5 years