+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pack

Pack

A very good passer but way too slow for this team.

Personally think Bacuna makes up for his lack of legs and think the right combo will be Ralls and Bacuna when Ralls fit

Re: Pack

the whole team is slow, but no one is slower than Madine

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Personally think Bacuna makes up for his lack of legs and think the right combo will be Ralls and Bacuna when Ralls fit
    Pack has given the ball away several times. He's not very good at passing the ball forward and only seems to find his man passing sideways or backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Pack has given the ball away several times. He's not very good at passing the ball forward and only seems to find his man passing sideways or backwards.
    as does most of the team tbh

Slow slow slow slow

He’s not a bad player, but there is so little movement around him. Much better when Ralls plays.

His passing was shite at times today, not the only one mind

Who moves? Glatzel and the wingers just stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who moves? Glatzel and the wingers just stand still.
    One of our early games (maybe Arsenal at home last season) Ian Wright was a pundit on MOTD2. He said exactly the same thing. Nobody had any cute movement, we just stood and waited for the ball to come towards us without looking to create space. That's a coaching thing. That's also a player thing.

Now we've been relegated, now Warnock has gone, we're realising how able our players are.

I’ve noticed this.

His immediate instinctive response is to pass backwards first.

I mean, I know that he is supposed to be a CDM, but that is a poor excuse. Backwards and sideways. Very little forward incision.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of our early games (maybe Arsenal at home last season) Ian Wright was a pundit on MOTD2. He said exactly the same thing. Nobody had any cute movement, we just stood and waited for the ball to come towards us without looking to create space. That's a coaching thing. That's also a player thing.

Now we've been relegated, now Warnock has gone, we're realising how able our players are.
    We were very good at doing what we did. We now are not good at that or any other style... We've also got a decent squad of decent players, that cost an awful lot of money that aren't bad but aren't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’ve noticed this.

His immediate instinctive response is to pass backwards first.

I mean, I know that he is supposed to be a CDM, but that is a poor excuse. Backwards and sideways. Very little forward incision.

There were blokes today screaming, pass forward, pass forward. My response, and I imagine Pack's would be, "to who?"

There were blokes today screaming, pass forward, pass forward. My response, and I imagine Pack's would be, "to who?"
    So many times that was the case, but the way we set up doesn’t help.
    I wonder if we need to go to 3 at the back with 2 wing backs

3-5-2 maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So many times that was the case, but the way we set up doesn’t help.
    I wonder if we need to go to 3 at the back with 2 wing backs

3-5-2 maybe
    Tomlin has to play, which then gives us a problem. Richards and Bennett could be wing backs, which actually helps mask their defensive lapses, while Peltier could play on the right of the back 3, as I still think he's our best defender. We have to find two strikers mind

Tomlin has to play, which then gives us a problem. Richards and Bennett could be wing backs, which actually helps mask their defensive lapses, while Peltier could play on the right of the back 3, as I still think he's our best defender. We have to find two strikers mind
    Tomlin could be 1 .. or leave him as a midfield 3 .

Ward deserves to be 1 of the strikers, then any 1 of Madine, Glatzel , NML or Tomlin... maybe Vassell who is apparently getting close to full fitness

I think Bogle will be gone in Jan

When everyone is fit, I don't think we should play Pack and Tomlin in the same team, because then we just don't have enough dynamism in midfield. Either we use Pack as a deep-lying playmaker with Ralls and Bacuna playing in front of him, or we use Tomlin as an advanced playmaker with Ralls and Bacuna playing behind him.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5...8c092e24aec136

Push Tomlin up so it would look more like a 3412

Swap players as you please, originally had Ward in for mobility then remembered we hoist it up quite a bit so swapped him.

Big man centre of the back 3 with slightly more mobile men either side.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't think Pack is very good at anything by this division's standards and I'm not sure where the idea that he is originated from. He's not a terrible player by any means, but he always looks bang average to me.

I don’t think he’s a great passer, plenty go astray, but I also agree we don’t offer up a lot of options.

Watched the first half of Leeds game yesterday and Preston looked really good, they all knew where to run. What do we get? Wingers that don’t know they can cut inside and become a passing option, that decide to stay stuck to the white line and **** up most of our attacks. If I see Hoilett debate mid movement what he’s gonna do with the ball mid attack next game I think my heads gonna go. And someone tell NML it’s not a grenade and he can control it first time.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don’t think he’s a great passer, plenty go astray, but I also agree we don’t offer up a lot of options.

Watched the first half of Leeds game yesterday and Preston looked really good, they all knew where to run. What do we get? Wingers that don’t know they can cut inside and become a passing option, that decide to stay stuck to the white line and **** up most of our attacks. If I see Hoilett debate mid movement what he’s gonna do with the ball mid attack next game I think my heads gonna go. And someone tell NML it’s not a grenade and he can control it first time.
    NML is so frustrating. He does step-overs, and rolls his boot over the top of the ball... the kind of things top players do; the ones who are comfortable on the ball and who the basics come natural to. Yet he cannot do the basics, like pass to a team mate or control the ball with his first touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    NML is so frustrating. He does step-overs, and rolls his boot over the top of the ball... the kind of things top players do; the ones who are comfortable on the ball and who the basics come natural to. Yet he cannot do the basics, like pass to a team mate or control the ball with his first touch.
    Crossing yesterday was abysmal.

For the life of me I can’t get my head around pro players not having the hunger to improve, ok you’re not gonna get many Ronaldos that stay behind hours after training, but surely Etheridge can ask the coaches to work on his kicking and decision making (passes/throws and speed of both) NML could stay behind and work on his first touch and other bits of his game.

We could list them for every player, I’d do it constructively but you know it would end up a bad slagging off session of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    the whole team is slow, but no one is slower than Madine
    Been away but managed to catch the last 30 minutes on Sky red button. We're so unlike any other team out there. It's as if they've all just woken up from a ten year coma. They're so bad it's almost comical.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Been away but managed to catch the last 30 minutes on Sky red button. We're so unlike any other team out there. It's as if they've all just woken up from a ten year coma. They're so bad it's almost comical.
    The coma comment is a good one.

That is just how they seem 🙈