+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrs is going to Have to rip it up..

Harrs is going to Have to rip it up..

And start again. There were times today when we tried to play, more so in the second half when we attempted to stretch a bang average Millwall, for me that was encouraging. The fullbacks were playing higher and getting involved as well, although it's plain to see that we just don't possess enough quality and fluidity to be able to execute a more progressive style of football. We are trying, but it's clunky and laboured at times. The defence did ok today although the distribution at times is piss poor. The midfield lack quality then some. Bacuna works hard but is rarely comfortable on the ball. Harris does have the midfiels playing a higher line and we are trying to play those little triangles in the final third at times but it just doesn't come off because of a lack of quality in midfield (Tomlin excluded) and nobody up front who can make those little pockets of space through movement. Warnock has done a job on the club, i can't for the life of me work out what he was trying to achieve with some of our signings or how they were supposed to compliment the other players in the squad, if that was possible.

Re: Harrs is going to Have to rip it up..

Jazz Richards was encouraging but my nan could move the ball quicker than Bacuna and shes been dead 20 years. So frustrating that a championship footballer, who has also played at the highest level, takes so long to get the ball out of his feet.

As for Mendez Laing and Hoilett, I cant believe it took so long for one of them to get subbed.

Harris is going to need to make a number of signings in January, and we need Ralls energy back pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Jazz Richards was encouraging but my nan could move the ball quicker than Bacuna and shes been dead 20 years. So frustrating that a championship footballer, who has also played at the highest level, takes so long to get the ball out of his feet.

As for Mendez Laing and Hoilett, I cant believe it took so long for one of them to get subbed.

Harris is going to need to make a number of signings in January, and we need Ralls energy back pronto.
    Bacuna is a problem, plenty of energy zero quality. As for the wingers, I'm bored with them both, it either works or it doesn't, there's no inbetween with either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bacuna is a problem, plenty of energy zero quality. As for the wingers, I'm bored with them both, it either works or it doesn't, there's no inbetween with either of them.
    Both were terrible today.

Hoilett was a yard off the pace in his thinking, which is unlike him, he got caught dawdling a few times in good positions.

Mendez Laing, ****ing awful footballer. That run in the 2nd half summed him up for me. Sprints away head down, drags us 50 yards up the pitch then ruins it because he cant beat the first man. So frustrating.

I also wish he would try and run behind his fullback so Tomlin, or Richards, can try and slip him in. Instead he just pulls off to the touchline to receive the ball in front of the fullback and it just slows everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Both were terrible today.

Hoilett was a yard off the pace in his thinking, which is unlike him, he got caught dawdling a few times in good positions.

Mendez Laing, ****ing awful footballer. That run in the 2nd half summed him up for me. Sprints away head down, drags us 50 yards up the pitch then ruins it because he cant beat the first man. So frustrating.

I also wish he would try and run behind his fullback so Tomlin, or Richards, can try and slip him in. Instead he just pulls off to the touchline to receive the ball in front of the fullback and it just slows everything down.
    Mendez Laing is poor, he just pushes and runs at every opportunity, even when there's no space, he's stupid, although i didn't think that he was that bad today although others have said differently, i'm starting to doubt my judgement.

Its a bang average Championship side put together by a shocking recruitment team, the fact we're relying on a 30 year old who spent the end of last season on loan at Peterborough says it all

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its a bang average Championship side put together by a shocking recruitment team, the fact we're relying on a 30 year old who spent the end of last season on loan at Peterborough says it all

It also proves that hanging onto Warnock beyond last summer was a bad mistake. We're a transfer window and pre season behind as a result. Our struggles this season are absolutely no surprise to me at all.

And start again. There were times today when we tried to play, more so in the second half when we attempted to stretch a bang average Millwall, for me that was encouraging. The fullbacks were playing higher and getting involved as well, although it's plain to see that we just don't possess enough quality and fluidity to be able to execute a more progressive style of football. We are trying, but it's clunky and laboured at times. The defence did ok today although the distribution at times is piss poor. The midfield lack quality then some. Bacuna works hard but is rarely comfortable on the ball. Harris does have the midfiels playing a higher line and we are trying to play those little triangles in the final third at times but it just doesn't come off because of a lack of quality in midfield (Tomlin excluded) and nobody up front who can make those little pockets of space through movement. Warnock has done a job on the club, i can't for the life of me work out what he was trying to achieve with some of our signings or how they were supposed to compliment the other players in the squad, if that was possible.

Awful appointment and we are going to have to get used to the fact that we are in a transitional period
    Under Harris we will go from bad to worse

180 minutes of shit football within 6 days mind numbing

Spot on.

As the only person on the recruitment team that had any knowledge of assessing the suitability of players was NW then, in my view, he has to be the most "shocking" element of it.

A few things that stood out for me

The midfield 2 of Bacuna and Pack were either stood on the Centre half’s toes or 40 yards upfield looking for the long ball.

Pack took up better positioning 2nd half but it still looked disjointed

Everything was so, so slow , as if nobody could anticipate the next pass. It looked uncomfortable.

The wingers.. Hoillet I though was our best player in the first half, making loads of tackles and interceptions. Should have been rugged earlier in the 2nd half, but not at one point did he look like gets decent cross or shot in.

NML- his pace created several opportunities, all of which he totally wasted.

So frustrating !

Need Ralls back in the middle, but can’t see what else can be done.

Maybe if we are going to whack it forward bin a winger and play Patterson and Ward and leave Gladzel out

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    A few things that stood out for me

The midfield 2 of Bacuna and Pack were either stood on the Centre half’s toes or 40 yards upfield looking for the long ball.

Pack took up better positioning 2nd half but it still looked disjointed

Everything was so, so slow , as if nobody could anticipate the next pass. It looked uncomfortable.

The wingers.. Hoillet I though was our best player in the first half, making loads of tackles and interceptions. Should have been rugged earlier in the 2nd half, but not at one point did he look like gets decent cross or shot in.

NML- his pace created several opportunities, all of which he totally wasted.

So frustrating !

Need Ralls back in the middle, but can’t see what else can be done.

Maybe if we are going to whack it forward bin a winger and play Patterson and Ward and leave Gladzel out
    Millwall were dreadful the most concerning thing for me was that most if not all of those players were signed by hopeless Harris and coached under his leadership with his football vision in mind
    If that's what we have to look forward to they'll knock 10000 of the gate
    Back in the pub after the game and I couldn't believe that some loyal hard-core fans I know some of whom are going Sunday to Sheffield were already talking about not renewing STs for next year if that's what we will be watching
    I said on his appointment that he's bang average and the wrong manager for us, I really hope I'm proved wrong but can't see it based on watching garbage like that

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Millwall were dreadful the most concerning thing for me was that most if not all of those players were signed by hopeless Harris and coached under his leadership with his football vision in mind
    If that's what we have to look forward to they'll knock 10000 of the gate
    Back in the pub after the game and I couldn't believe that some loyal hard-core fans I know some of whom are going Sunday to Sheffield were already talking about not renewing STs for next year if that's what we will be watching
    I said on his appointment that he's bang average and the wrong manager for us, I really hope I'm proved wrong but can't see it based on watching garbage like that
    The lack of knowledge and vision shown by our board for this appointment , really makes me think VT is happy with a mid table side, treading water until he can find a buyer.

Look Harris is not stupid, he is giving every player a chance, so come the January transfer window he will know who to ship out and who he needs to bring in. At the moment we are stuck with what we have got, and there a re many who are not up to it, ffs give the man a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Look Harris is not stupid, he is giving every player a chance, so come the January transfer window he will know who to ship out and who he needs to bring in. At the moment we are stuck with what we have got, and there a re many who are not up to it, ffs give the man a break.
    I agree. The players are just not good enough. It might transpire that Harris is not good enough either but for me he needs a couple of transfer windows and a pre season at least to try and sort out this god awful mess he’s been left with.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    If you look at the thread title and the content, then it's plainly obvious that I'm not having a go at harris.

If you look at the thread title and the content, then it's plainly obvious that I'm not having a go at harris.
    I did not think you were, the post was to posters that are having a go at him!

Harris has tried to change the way we play but we are still so slow in possession also for a team that plays wingers we rarely get to the byeline to cross the ball or pull the ball back for late arriving midfield players!

One bit of optimism was Jazz Richards who I hope we can keep fit as he looks good at full back on the right !

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    The lack of knowledge and vision shown by our board for this appointment , really makes me think VT is happy with a mid table side, treading water until he can find a buyer.
    Absolutely spot on I think he can't wait to get rid of us. As long as he's here were just treading water.

You were thinking about this tune when you wrote your post wasn't you ?

I watched the players in the tunnel before kickoff and they looked far too laid back, with their heads down. Millwall came into the tunnel and looked like they were bouncing with enthusiasm. Given what we've seen from our first half displays this season it doesn't surprise me at all.

At least it shows that Harris wants to move in the right direction. I don't care much about this upcoming window, in fact I'd prefer we stayed well out of it unless something long-term and good value comes along. I think we'll see a lot of the dead wood gone and the team completely retooled over the next two summers. I'm fully prepared to wait and build slowly.

Mendez Laing is poor, he just pushes and runs at every opportunity, even when there's no space, he's stupid, although i didn't think that he was that bad today although others have said differently, i'm starting to doubt my judgement.
    95% of the time he is a terrible footballer, but he is capable of doing something brilliant. He's been shit for the last few games, so he'll probably score a wonder goal on Sunday. Then he'll then go back to being shit.

How many are good enough for a promotion push?

I’ll go with Ralls, Tomlin, Hoilett, Pack, Etheridge. And that’s being generous.

The rest are inconstant or not good enough.

NML & Murphy the most frustrating because end of last season I thought those two with Reid in the hole would tear this league up. Wrong on all counts.

The full backs and strikers are garbage.