+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carlisle prediction thread

Re: Carlisle prediction thread

3-1 comfortable but uninspiring

I'd love a cup run. I've written off our chances in the League this year as I think we'll be 10th so I really want to see an emphasis on the Cup.

Neil Harris is game too, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The game that was played on that day was City 4 Sheffield Wednesday 0 in which Warboys scored his first two Cardiff goals after we signed him from that team just before Christmas. From memory, I think the Carlisle game was on 6 March (it was definitely the Saturday before we beat Real Madrid) and you're right about all of the goals coming in the first half.
    I was at both games, they first against Sheffield Wednesday was Warboys second game for us and he scored two against the club we'd bought him from a week or so before. In the Carlisle game he scored four before half time, I think the first three were in the first nine minutes of the game. I believe he was taken off at half time as he was injured. I was at both games, with a junior season ticket in the Canton end.

Warboys did well for us for nearly two years, playing 58+3 sub in the League and scoring 27 goals. But Scoular was facing the same problem we have now, an ageing team that had been together a while, and was struggling at the start of the 72/73 season. So he managed to unload Carver, Foggon, Gibson, Clark, John Parsons and Warboys from the team very quickly. But he brought in Andy McCulloch, Gil Reece, Dave Powell and Johnny Vincent and our fortunes changed and we stayed up. £135,000 in and £80,000 spent.

We beat Carlisle that season too, 1-0. I think the last time we played Carlisle was March 2001 when we won 4-0.

The last time we played Carlisle at home I seem to recall their keeper was penalised around 4 times for handling the ball outside the box because his kicks were beyond the penalty area. Good job that rule isn't enforced now as Etheridge consistently kicks the ball from his hands outside the area.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I was at both games, they first against Sheffield Wednesday was Warboys second game for us and he scored two against the club we'd bought him from a week or so before. In the Carlisle game he scored four before half time, I think the first three were in the first nine minutes of the game. I believe he was taken off at half time as he was injured. I was at both games, with a junior season ticket in the Canton end.

Warboys did well for us for nearly two years, playing 58+3 sub in the League and scoring 27 goals. But Scoular was facing the same problem we have now, an ageing team that had been together a while, and was struggling at the start of the 72/73 season. So he managed to unload Carver, Foggon, Gibson, Clark, John Parsons and Warboys from the team very quickly. But he brought in Andy McCulloch, Gil Reece, Dave Powell and Johnny Vincent and our fortunes changed and we stayed up. £135,000 in and £80,000 spent.

We beat Carlisle that season too, 1-0. I think the last time we played Carlisle was March 2001 when we won 4-0.
    I don't think Gil Reece was a youngster when we signed him. Quite the reverse. Johnny Vincent made his debut against Middlesborough - the club we signed him from - and he scored twice. Andy McCulloch was decent - he reminds me of Madine except he could score.

I wonder if there are any Carlisle players we could pick up in this window?

0 2

NH will want to try and get a response from the players PDQ.

I'm going for City 2-1 Carlisle

A win for us.

LIVE STREAM HD

Cardiff City Vs Carlisle United

http://kickofgoal.com/fa-cup-live-st...ited-04-01-20/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    2-2, and then a replay at Brunton park where Carlisle sneak a 2-1 win. In both games Harris picks more or a less a reserve side. I'm usually wrong with my score predictions tho, thank feck!
    Good effort. It was not a reserve squad though. Are you still sticking with your replay prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Good effort. It was not a reserve squad though. Are you still sticking with your replay prediction?
    Yes, I'll still stick with my replay prediction. After viewing today's game, of a 2-1 home win for Carlisle. Unusually I was right for once with my score prediction. I can't be right two times in a row can I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yes, I'll still stick with my replay prediction. After viewing today's game, of a 2-1 home win for Carlisle. Unusually I was right for once with my score prediction. I can't be right two times in a row can I ?
    This is true. It might be 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This is true. It might be 2-0
    it wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost 2-0 after today's shambles.