Unless you are a puff

Re: This is really stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    dont be absurd.

just kidding mr bee.
    So am I 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Ah, intolerant, the favourite word of the PC brigade. Oxford dictionary definition: the fact of not being willing to accept ideas or ways of behaving that are different from your own. In this case, was the teacher being intolerant of the child or the ideology?
    Give me the PC brigade over the God brigade every day of the week. Believing in a human's right of choice seems more sensible to me than believing in a talking snake, or two of every animal hanging out on a boat

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Give me the PC brigade over the God brigade every day of the week. Believing in a human's right of choice seems more sensible to me than believing in a talking snake, or two of every animal hanging out on a boat
    Let’s be fair. All 3 are nonsense. The talking snake, the Ark and the girl believing she’s a boy.
    But if folk want to believe it, who are we to deny them ?

I always ask Christians the Noah's ark question or do you honestly believe in the virgin birth

When they say yes I know it's not worth continuing the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Where will it end though? You’ll be wanting to identify as an intelligent poster next!
    I'm accepting of the fact that you're an arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agreed, i'm a non believer but grew up around plenty of christians and catholics who aren't hard line or intolerant, they have faith and interpret it and use it as a way to make themselves a better person, the ones that don't are doing it wrong.
    From reading many threads over many years on this message board, it looks like Christians are now the last group on earth who are shown no respect and are fair game for any offensive taunts.

Of the child or the ideology? Of the child - if he is really a Christian then I would say yes he would be, he would have compassion for the child even if he was not happy with what the child had done, knowing the potential consequences down the line. Of the ideology of transgenderism, clearly how can he be accepting of something he disagrees with!!!
    Really? There are plenty of things I disagree with but accept. It's called tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    From reading many threads over many years on this message board, it looks like Christians are now the last group on earth who are shown no respect and are fair game for any offensive taunts.
    Well that's of course nonsense and often used by Christians as a defence

I think all religion is nonsense and very dangerous responsible for all sorts of savagery and bigotry

What about Torys?

What about Torys?
    They are all ***** basically

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are all ***** basically
    Now now Sludge. We’ve all got to be accepting!

What about Torys?
    A great example of one of the least tolerant groups in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A great example of one of the least tolerant groups in society.
    Not according to electorate 😁

Not according to electorate ��
    I don't think the people who voted for them did so because they consider them tolerant mate

I don't think the people who voted for them did so because they consider them tolerant mate
    Agreed. In fact, I think there's arguably a growing number of people in the UK who have had a titful of needing to be tolerant towards those who are different and the likes of the BNP, UKIP, Brexit Party and the new more right-wing Tories appeal to them. Labour are anti-semitic - Dreadful. Tories are Islamophobic - great.

If we all accepted that other people are different, tolerate what we won't embrace, our country would be far better. Instead, some prefer to find ways of making the unacceptance of others acceptable.

Agreed. In fact, I think there's arguably a growing number of people in the UK who have had a titful of needing to be tolerant towards those who are different and the likes of the BNP, UKIP, Brexit Party and the new more right-wing Tories appeal to them. Labour are anti-semitic - Dreadful. Tories are Islamophobic - great.

If we all accepted that other people are different, tolerate what we won't embrace, our country would be far better. Instead, some prefer to find ways of making the unacceptance of others acceptable.
    The UK is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet. You are focusing on the minority. There will always be a minority.

Really? There are plenty of things I disagree with but accept. It's called tolerance.
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.

Spot on - but don't forget this was predicted 2000 years ago! (Matthew 10.v22; John 15 v18-20). From some of the comments on this forum it seems clear that the posters here would not recognise a Christian if they met one, but they have a common perception of what they think a Christian would be like!

Apologies the above link doesn't seem to work.

Try this expanded version: https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

The UK is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet. You are focusing on the minority. There will always be a minority.
    I fear the minority is growing. The rise in hate crimes and growth of the far right suggests this too.

I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

I will read your link in a moment but my immediate response is that I would find it surprising if the hypothetical suggestion would come from anyone but the grandchild. In that scenario isn't it best they have someone (not those who have raised your concern) to speak to who would listen and support? Opposing someone in the situation I have described does seem a strange way to spend your time.

Christ almighty, you sound almost as if changing gender is like going out to buy a fridge.

I have a 6 year old son. If he turns out to be gay, fine. If he converts to Islam, fine. If he feels he is a woman in a man's body, he will be encouraged to explore this to find out if this is absolutely the case.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I will read your link in a moment but my immediate response is that I would find it surprising if the hypothetical suggestion would come from anyone but the grandchild. In that scenario isn't it best they have someone (not those who have raised your concern) to speak to who would listen and support? Opposing someone in the situation I have described does seem a strange way to spend your time.
    Suggest you read the article before jumping to conclusions!

Christ almighty, you sound almost as if changing gender is like going out to buy a fridge.

I have a 6 year old son. If he turns out to be gay, fine. If he converts to Islam, fine. If he feels he is a woman in a man's body, he will be encouraged to explore this to find out if this is absolutely the case.
    I'm not sure how to take your first sentence. I would agree that the way things are going, changing gender will be treated as lightly as buying a fridge but I presume you do not mean that? At what age would you think your son will be old enough to make such decisions and importantly understand the ramifications and consequences of those decisions?