+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This is really stupid

Re: This is really stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I find it difficult to see the point of the temporary drugs. I thought the whole idea in not waiting for adulthood for people to transition is so its less complicated later on and that puberty blocking was there to enable that. I don't know the full facts either but I don't think you'd necessarily catch up with puberty especially after being chemically suppressed.

Fair enough, I assumed when you were talking about tabloids you meant the right wing press and as there'd been a link to Spiked I conflated it all as one side versus the other.
    The temporary drugs delay puberty until adulthood so an easy transition can be made if it's deemed right after years of therapy. Stop taking the drugs and puberty happens, like nothing was ever changed.

A lot of papers are printing a lot of anti trans stuff that just isn't true at the moment, and a lot of it is following very similar criticisms that gay people were faced with. Like people being asked if they were gay and this making them gay. It's all bollocks created to sell papers and spark outrage amongst people who believe everything they read without checking it's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I see you’ve turned it around, and old Croesy is straight in with the boot.
    I’ve not said anywhere in this thread that anyone has ever changed their gender because someone suggested it was a good idea.
    You posted that you “ don’t think anyone has”, suggesting that your not 100% sure.
    You said "don't you? None of them?", which suggests you think it has happened.

Why would you post that if you agree it hasn't? I think you're being deliberately contrary to get some replies, in which case fill your boots with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You said "don't you? None of them?", which suggests you think it has happened.

Why would you post that if you agree it hasn't? I think you're being deliberately contrary to get some replies, in which case fill your boots with someone else.
    I’m just pointing out that none of us on here are 100% that it hasn’t happened. Settle down.

I’m just pointing out that none of us on here are 100% that it hasn’t happened. Settle down.
    So you think it's realistic that someone has changed genders and undergone surgery just because someone has suggested it to them?

I wasn’t talking to you either but you’ve stepped in. That’s how MB’s work.
    Yeah but you specifically said "I’ve not said anywhere in this thread that anyone has ever changed their gender because someone suggested it was a good idea" when no one's said you had. He said that Gofer Blue had. Which he did. That's how English works.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The temporary drugs delay puberty until adulthood so an easy transition can be made if it's deemed right after years of therapy. Stop taking the drugs and puberty happens, like nothing was ever changed.

A lot of papers are printing a lot of anti trans stuff that just isn't true at the moment, and a lot of it is following very similar criticisms that gay people were faced with. Like people being asked if they were gay and this making them gay. It's all bollocks created to sell papers and spark outrage amongst people who believe everything they read without checking it's correct.
    This is a forum for having a chat about everything and I'm wary of treating it like we're all writing PhD dissertations but there are a fair few vague assertions in there, CB. A quick google will show there are still doubts about whether puberty blocking is harmless, and there have been criticisms of gender ideology that have been conflated as "anti-trans". And because people asked gays if their sexuality was a mental illness doesn't mean you can't ask other people the same question about their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Well, he didn't say that and the boy is in a mixed class... he's a boy in a class with girls.

I was the only male in a history class in a mixed sixth form school. Should they have insisted that more males have to be in the class otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to attend?

It's depressing how out of touch with reality some people are.

But he's NOT a boy, or am I on the wrong tack all together.

If she's a girl who wants to be a boy, does she wear girls clothes or boys clothes.

Oh b*ll*cks, what am I doing in this thread. I really don't care.... just hope she/he get's to be who she/he want's to be.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    But he's NOT a boy, or am I on the wrong tack all together.

If she's a girl who wants to be a boy, does she wear girls clothes or boys clothes.

Oh b*ll*cks, what am I doing in this thread. I really don't care.... just hope she/he get's to be who she/he want's to be.
    I feel your pain. It’s a mind numbing exercise getting involved in a thread like this. The usual suspects have all the answers. They’re wasted on here.
    What’s your favourite flavour crisps?

Well, he didn't say that and the boy is in a mixed class... he's a boy in a class with girls.

I was the only male in a history class in a mixed sixth form school. Should they have insisted that more males have to be in the class otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to attend?

It's depressing how out of touch with reality some people are.
    She’s actually a girl in a class of other girls, or has she had the sex change surgery already??

Heisenberg

She’s actually a girl in a class of other girls, or has she had the sex change surgery already??
    You can't say "It’s a mind numbing exercise getting involved in a thread like this. The usual suspects have all the answers" and then post on the subject when you clearly don't have a clue about it.

Google the difference between sex and gender, mate, and then decide if you want to ask that stupid question again.

You can't say "It’s a mind numbing exercise getting involved in a thread like this. The usual suspects have all the answers" and then post on the subject when you clearly don't have a clue about it.

Google the difference between sex and gender, mate, and then decide if you want to ask that stupid question again.
    At this present moment in time she is a girl.
    She can asked to be identified as anything she wants, but she is still a girl.

Why don't you try and learn about a topic before steaming in with such a strong opinion on it?

There is a difference between sex and gender, there is scientific proof of this even if it is in it's infancy. I don't understand people having such strong opinions on things without trying to get all the facts first.

Heisenberg

Well, I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong because I've seen what you're like when someone tells you that... but the boy's school obviously disagrees with your prehistoric, ignorant opinion - which is all that matters really.

It's disappointing to see the amount of assumptions and jumping to conclusions in this thread by posters about the situation in Oxford and transgender issues in general. Why bother jumping in with arguments or hypotheses on things you've not read properly or be bothered to learn about.

Why don't you try and learn about a topic before steaming in with such a strong opinion on it?

There is a difference between sex and gender, there is scientific proof of this even if it is in it's infancy. I don't understand people having such strong opinions on things without trying to get all the facts first.
    Why can’t you accept that the girl may feel as though she’s a boy trapped in a girls body, but that is something she will have to face up to later in life, if she still feels the same way.
    At this precise moment in time, all the science in the world doesn’t alter the fact that she’s a girl.

Well, I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong because I've seen what you're like when someone tells you that... but the boy's school obviously disagrees with your prehistoric, ignorant opinion - which is all that matters really.

It's disappointing to see the amount of assumptions and jumping to conclusions in this thread by posters about the situation in Oxford and transgender issues in general. Why bother jumping in with arguments or hypotheses on things you've not read properly or be bothered to learn about.
    The school has probably been frogmarched into accepting it to please folk like you.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 09-01-20 at 15:32. Reason: Grammar

Why can’t you accept that the girl may feel as though she’s a boy trapped in a girls body, but that is something she will have to face up to later in life, if she still feels the same way.
    At this precise moment in time, all the science in the world doesn’t alter the fact that she’s a girl.
    What point are you even trying to make? She is a female by sex and a male by gender.

The school has probably been frogmarched into accepting it to please folk like you.
    Seething

Heisenberg

It really bothers you, doesn't it?

It really bothers you, doesn't it?
    You couldn’t be further from the truth. But I could identify as someone who’s bothered if it would please you and Croesy 😁

Heisenberg

You couldn’t be further from the truth. But I could identify as someone who’s bothered if it would please you and Croesy ��
    Yep... you're definitely stinging about the whole thing

You've spent about 10 posts arguing that transgenderism isn't real but reality and society (and UK law) isn't on your side of the argument. Must hurt like a bitch when things you're against in society happen without your approval

Yep... you're definitely stinging about the whole thing

You've spent about 10 posts arguing that transgenderism isn't real but reality and society (and UK law) isn't on your side of the argument. Must hurt like a bitch when things you're against in society happen without your approval
    I’ve been arguing that the girl is just that. A girl.
    Anyway jog on and put a candle in your window for her. 👍

Heisenberg

Anyway jog on and put a candle in your window for her. ��
    Aww, bless you.

Anyway jog on and put a candle in your window for her. ��
    Would you like me to explain the difference between sex and gender?

Gender is the refers to the role of someone in society,
    Sex is what I have with your wife.

Would you like me to explain the difference between sex and gender?

Gender is the refers to the role of someone in society,
    Sex is what I have with your wife.
    That would be a big difference from your hand.

That would be a big difference from your hand.
    About 200 kilos